WTF happened yesterday?!

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I came to play yesterday at 20 CET.

It was weird when I noticed only 6 5/T SH tables (0 FR btw) but OK, happens. Right after that I realize there're NO empty tables available and all 6 have waitinglist of at least 4 players. I checked 3/6 and there weren't any SH tables at all (not even empty one).

Fuck! OK, I'll join all waiting lists and will hope to get some action sooner or later. But, what I did first: I let EyePoker to scan all tables to get overall idea of fishiness and wasn't surprised with the result... There were NO fish except one 40/10 guy. Not big surprise in fact if you realize no fish will wait 1+ hour to get seat, because noone would leave his seat if he's sure he won't get any other.

The same situation was there 2 hrs and 4 hrs later so I gave up and didn't play single hand yesterday. I know it's not JUST Mansion problem but such things don't happen to good rooms/network and if do, they don't take hours and hours to get sorted :rolleyes: I remember PokerStars' server problems few months ago, when 1/3 players were kicked out and everything was laggy as hell, but it was sorted within 30 mins...

Thanks to all who are responsible for this..
  • 13 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yep, I noticed the same thing. It was REALLY strange.
      No empty tables, no SH tables at 0.5/1 and 1/2 only FR tables.
      I looked at other iPoker site and it was almost the same deal... Yeah, not the same, but almost, which is strange as hell. They had some HU table at 0.5/1 and 1/2, which weren't available on Mansion.

At 0:45AM (23:45 GMT), when I started playing, everything was fine.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Strange.. I was playing shortly before that - and then a long time after it - and everything seemed to be fine. Must have been an ipoker network server problem.

On the topic of fish - I've never experienced something like yesterday at around 4-6 am. Even all the FR tables that were open had an average pot size of around 14-18 big bets and every hand was just getting capped 6-7 way preflop and postflop. I must have arrived just as it got fixed and all hell broke loose -.-
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I talked to mansion support when they dced me in the middle of playing, and they told me they were "experiencing an unusual amount of technical difficulties" yeah no kidding. The tables also randomly shut down and spammed you with tons of popups telling you this, consequently timing you out on the tables you were still on.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      One moment there were 20k players and next minute only 15k :P
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I think this appeared due to their new shop. everyone started hardcore grinding for that lambo (or at least for the 3 days rent for an R8) so servers went kaboom O_o
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      It has nothing to do with shop, but this spring dash promotion. There're hours when iPoker has more 5/10 FL tables than Stars...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Strange.. I was playing shortly before that - and then a long time after it - and everything seemed to be fine. Must have been an ipoker network server problem.

On the topic of fish - I've never experienced something like yesterday at around 4-6 am. Even all the FR tables that were open had an average pot size of around 14-18 big bets and every hand was just getting capped 6-7 way preflop and postflop. I must have arrived just as it got fixed and all hell broke loose -.-
      that's +++EV, isn't it?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi

that's +++EV, isn't it?
      Quite.. I was actually planning on going to bed but then ended up playing 2,5 more hours. Too bad I was card dead and ran extremely bad. I saw people capping 4 high into 3 opponents until the river. And ofc calling with 4 high on the river as well.

This was my favourite Maniac - he was the 4 high guy. Cap/Cap/Cap :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24.06
      Hero:
      $35.14
      MP2:
      $40.66

0.5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP2 caps, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 5:heart: , 9:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.00 BB) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Hero caps, MP2 calls.

River: (16.00 BB) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and fives (Qs Qd)
      MP2 shows a straight, five high (As 2s)

MP2 wins with a straight, five high (As 2s)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      ^^ that's why we have skype ;) Let me know next time please..
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      that happenned on 0.5/1? wow... expected a lower limit .
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      FUCK them again!!! :evil:

THEY did that again! Well, this time it's different: 15 tables, but no empty one! There's waiting list on each table so guess how many fish are available?? Exactly 2.. on 15 tables.. all the rest are TAGs & 3 LAGs.. 22 people at all 15 tables. That's sick..

Can anyone explain me that? Because it's not normal so I guess there's something behind all this shit.. I'm not paranoid, but this is weird at least. Why would they cut the amount of tables on limit that brings them the most money/hour?

I really want to play... I started again after few days, played 5-9 tables for 3 hours, took 30min brake and everything is ***.. Why the hell??

There're 4 empty 5/10 FR and 7 HU tables but no SH... iPoker sucks... More PS points and this race are not the reasons to play there. It took me 17 days to notice it.. wasted time apparently..

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I have it confirmed: iPoker SUCKS!

17 April 2009 23:11:52 (17/04/2009 21:11:52 - GMT)

Welcome to Chat.Mansion.Com, Sammy will be right with you.

Sammy:
      Why the hell there are no empty 5/10 FL SH tables?? again.. // that was my question posted before it starts up

Sammy:
      Hello can I have your username please

opal99:
      opal99

opal99:
      it's not related to my account so answer my question please

Sammy:
      if all tables are full you will need to wait until they finish until new tables are added

opal99:
      so there's maximum of tables that can be played over whole network??

opal99:
      you must be kidding

Sammy:
      the tables are set up by the network not Mansion

opal99:
      there're tons of micro stakes tables and only 15 5/10?? this limits gives you the most money in rake so why ONLY 15?

opal99:
      it's not fair btw.. how can one participate in Spring dash if he cant play?

Sammy:
      As I have advised these are set up by the network and Mansion cannot set up extra tables

opal99:
      every serious network/room can offer as many tables as are demanded... every one except iPoker apparently

opal99:
      thank you for your time

I was just about to close the window but he didnt stop:

Sammy:
      the new ones will start as soon as the current ones have finished and are constantly updated

opal99:
      does my english sucks so hard? it doesnt matter as long as there will be only 15 of them...

Sammy:
      As I have advised we cannot set up further tables this is done by the network

opal99:
      anyway.. thanks for explanation. Will post it in forums. good reason to leave room/network only after 17 days

opal99:
      good bye

Is this normal?? How did happen that I joined them? I was going to get 5th-10th place in 2nd round of Spring dash promotion worth $6,000 - $8,500 (+ another 2 mil MCP after multiplication, so ~$5500) everything in next 14 days.. Well, have to change my mind :(
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      No way this is true!?
      They must be fucking stupid if they only have max 15 5/10 tables, lol.
      This guy from online support doesn't know what he's talking about or what you were saying... I hope.