Stack
      SB:
      $24.54
      Hero:
      $10.58
      MP2:
      $10.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , A:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.40, MP2 calls $1.10, SB folds.

Flop: ($3.10) 2:club: , 2:spade: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.10) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($7.10) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, MP2 raises to $7.45 (All-In), Hero calls $2.18 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21.46

well i am not sure if i played this hand correctly BUT i am getting amazed everyday how people are playing. according to the stats MP2 seems little loosish but good player. i 3bet him an he called, here i would assume that he will call only with a good playable hand - suited connectors, high pair, high cards and etc..
      at the end he showed 99. WTF??? my stats are 13/10 with 4% 3bet range. is calling 3bet with mid PP +EV ?
      i am asking because recently i got screwed by alot of low pairs calling my 3bet
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Bet flop bet turn bet river. Mostly an opponent calling you down here has a smaller overpair.

As to your question well, they probably do it because they think that they will always stack you in a 3bet pot if they hit their set. I wouldnt recommend it against most opponents, but if you get 3bet by some real nit over a large samplesize who almost never 3bets and goes to showdown a lot (that is to say, someone who will really pay you off) then you can do it. Understand what I mean?
      For example, calling a low pocket vs me for set value is terrible, because I don't have a hand that I want to ship my whole stack to them with often enough.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hello FOngie,

thanks for the detailed explanation. I mentioned my stats because I wanted to explain that :

- I am playing nitty
      - Enemy is solid player therefore he is supposed to play accordingly vs my image.

for the hand exactly

- flop -> normal cbet
      - turn -> well i was completely sure i got the nuts here and that is why i checked to induce weakness.
      normally i wouldnt play for stacks with overpair but on the turn i had second best [well third vs 2 but i dont consider having 2 is an option for the enemy]
      - river.. no other possible play imo

im not sure why i still bother this hand prolly just got tilted today because of such hands and i am trying to justify my plays as correct and my loses as variance.

thanks for the evaluation and best regards
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I still don't want to check the turn, sure it doesnt matter much but I want no excuse for not getting all in on the river. Normal bets all the way is better for this than having to bet full potsize on the river. In this hand Im putting my opponent on an overpair that he won't fold anyway, so inducing weakness doesn't make much sense - it can only let him getting away a bit cheaper with something like JJ
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You can play 13/10 or 30/20 they will still call you for set value on nl10sh. Even more, some of them call your 3bets with various trash like 97o just because you reraised em and they hate folding.