CO:
      $21.85
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $35.90

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB raises to $3.25, Hero calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.60) 7, 8, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.60) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.60.

Good spot for a float? Shame I was too busy to note down villain stats I think I remember he had 90-100% cbet and a high-ish resteal% at least (or I wouldnt have attempted this :P )

Trying to shape up my non-SD winnings and winning some money postflop

Maybe it cant be evaluated without stats :/
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Without any stats I might prefer to fold preflop. Also I don't like floating on 3bet pots, too expensive, you will need good stats and reads.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Without any stats I might prefer to fold preflop.
      Way too weak for me :P I'm at least calling

Floating IP in 3bet (resteal situation) pots has been quite profitable for me lately. Is it really a no-no on a good board?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Originally posted by veriz
      Without any stats I might prefer to fold preflop.
      Way too weak for me :P I'm at least calling

Floating IP in 3bet (resteal situation) pots has been quite profitable for me lately. Is it really a no-no on a good board?
      Just in long run you will lose money with such floats in 3bet pots. With stats I might consider doing that, depending on the player.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I' often fold AJ pre-flop against resteal as well. Unless I know the guy resteals a lot. AJ, KQ, KJ and the like are very complicated hands because of domination problems. I prefer calling SC than AJ for example, as suited connectors do not offer domination problems.

Calling is not a problem though. But I consider AJ the most marginal A with which I can call a resteal. AT or worse is an insta fold without a read.

Like veriz said, floating 3b pots is a lot more expensive, but of course the reward is bigger. But you gotta be really sure your opp can fold. Remember that he has already invested a good deal of money in the pot and might feel commited more easily than in a normal raised pot and that makes bluffs harder.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      It is kinda hard without stats, but I normally give him respect the first time he does that.I call it with caution.
      This board is actually pretty good to float IP.I like it and I think it is quite profitable against the TAGs on this limits.
      You dont need to shape your showdown winnings though, play poker situationally, not stats or graphs wise!
      Nice hand.
      Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]