SSS question

• wassleeping
      wassleeping
      Bronze
      I have been playing SSS on Pokerstars for over a month and have been following the theory exactly, however, I am getting bad beat after bad beat and my stack just keeps getting lower and lower.

I am currently around $27 and am not sure how or if to continue to play NL .05/.10 ..... are there some viable options?
  • 4 replies
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Fixed limit might help your BR and its variance is less (as far as i know. i might be wrong here). Or just continue playing SSS. Apparently, it has quite high variance. Just remember to follow your BRM
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      i'm afraid there aren't any lower options. I reccommend you to read all the silver articles and try to understand them, post hands in the evaluation section and perhaps try playing less tables at once. That done, your game should improve :) . You might find the coachings and videos helpful as well ;) . Good luck!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mChavez
      Fixed limit might help your BR and its variance is less (as far as i know. i might be wrong here). Or just continue playing SSS. Apparently, it has quite high variance. Just remember to follow your BRM
      FL unfortunately can have quite huge variance since you play more hands :( .
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello wassleeping,

First things first, i would check all of your losing hands and make sure that they have all been played correctly, pre- and post-flop and try to identify any leaks that you may have. If there are any hands that you are not sure off then please feel free to post them here for further evaluation.

Also make sure that there are not too many shorties per table as this can also effect your outcome.

SSS can and does work on PokerStars as i had to drop back down to nl10 after hitting a major downswing on nl25 that lasted for nearly 12000 hands and resulted in me losing over 30 BIs. I went over every hand that had lost money and actually found a few leaks that accounted for roughly 6 BI and worked on cutting them out of my game. Since i started playing on nl10 in the past week i am up over $40.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve