[NL2-NL10] NL20, QQ vs a tighter SSS

• Volrath89
      Known players:

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,20, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, CO raises to $2,20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $3,40, CO raises to $9,00, Hero raises to $4,82 (All-In).

Flop: ($14,32) 9:spade: , A:diamond: , 9:heart:
      Turn: ($14,32) 5:spade:
      River: ($14,32) 6:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $14,32

We can't ask for better hand sample (hehe he must be bonus whoring-16 tableing as me).

So he is 7/4 minraising my ladies, thats like KK, AA, AK for his range I'd say. My question here (well besides from the obvious push or fold? :rolleyes: ) is, what is the perfect mathematical decision here, how could I use the equilator and what calculations should I do to know the best play?

btw, just for this hand I dled the equilator, and if I'm giving him the right range I have 40% of equity against his range (I expected less tbh :P ) so I'm guessing the push preflop was ok?
  • 3 replies
    • mishuq
      a fold would be correct here, but if you want to reply to a PF 3bet, you must shove it here. I don't agree with that 3.40 $ bet in this situation, it won't get you any edges. if you push, you have FE ++ AND you don't have to act like an FL player
    • Volrath89
      oh yes sure, I know :P , its just than the way I multitable just make my play as a robot, so i just saw QQ and clicked on 3 bet or w/e, didnt realize I was facing a re raise...but yeah anyway he would have played the same way if I had pushed. Later I found this to be an interesting hand for the number of reads I have (and even multitabling like I am, I use stats to identify SSSers from noobs who just buy in with minimun stack) and posted it here.
    • Gerv
      Since you got 1.1k hands you can tell me his 3bet %.

If he is a thinking player, he only can reraise KK+ when looking at the ''How to play aganist another SSS player'' article.

mathematically seen you need 38.8% BEQ. Against JJ+,AK+ you have it but from a moer realistic view imo (QQ+) you dont have it.

So I think both methods suggests a foldb ut CO isnt a ssplayer but a nitstacker??

With JJ here I instant fold against 7/4 3betting me but QQ is kind of a dilemma. Folding is EV=0 while pushing might give you either a +EV or -EV move.

I would fold if you know for sure he is a tight mofo

- Gerv