[NL2-NL10] NL200 99 Villain = M. Wahls

• benjo
      As topic says,villain is Matthias Wahls, (german tag and ps.c headadmin for everyone who doesnt know him yet ).
      As he is a thinking player the only hand making sense is something like AsXs ,probably 2 overcards to my nines.
      If he hit a set there or got a higher overpair i dont think he would overbet the pot like that. The only reason for him to overbet it is generating foldequity. So most of the times its a semi bluff. Maybe sometimes some kind of crazy stonecold bluff.
      As its a coinflip against a land like AsXs i think its an easy call cause its even money,especially due to the money commited into the pot preflop and on the flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)

UTG ($76.84)
      Hero ($224)
      CO ($200)
      Button ($160.45)
      SB ($71.43)
      BB ($44.88)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9, 9. CO posts a blind of $2. SB posts a blind of $1.
      1 fold, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, Button calls $8, 1 fold, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($27) 2, 7, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $15, Button calls $152.45 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $137.45.

Turn: ($331.90) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($331.90) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $331.90
  • 1 reply
    • Ragen
      The prob with that call is that a thinking player normally mixes up his handrange so that you cant be sure not to see sth. like 22/66/77 or even 67 here. He bets into 2 ppl. His bet is so huge that its normally -EV to destroy a great draw IP with the risk of running into a monster just to pick up a very small pot. That makes the possibility of him holding a great hand even greater.
      If you are right and he is realy "just" holding some kind of big draw its just a coinflip.
      .. so i just fold my 99 here ;)