MP3:
      $2.35
      CO:
      $9.82
      BU:
      $9.49

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.4, BB folds, UTG1 raises to $2.25(All-In), Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.60.

is this a good raise pf btw ?
      thanks
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      When you sit in the blinds it is necessary to bet at least 4+1 BB because you have to play that hand out of position post flop, so you have to make opponents pay for their position. So, either raise 4+1BB according to strategy or you can even raise 1 additional BB for playing OOP, therefore 6BB, both is fine. After the reraise from UTG you have an easy fold with KQs.
    • kourou
      kourou
      Bronze
      but if I raise 6BB, it'd be a about 1/3 of my stack, and I'd be pot commited wouldn't I ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I'd prefer to just complete and play the flop.

As played
      Preflop: Raise $0.50 and fold to a shove.

but if I raise 6BB, it'd be a about 1/3 of my stack, and I'd be pot commited wouldn't I ?
      No, you wouldn't be pot commited.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • kourou
      kourou
      Bronze
      okay, cheers guys :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kourou
      That's true, but...

...if you raise 5BB and c-bet flop you will be left with very small stack and sometimes you'll have 2 OCs and will have to go broke anyway when the opponent raises you on the flop.

...on the other hand, with 6BB raise you make preflop call more expensive for your opponent and therefore you'll have higher FE preflop + on the flop you will have to shove directly any flop, which means a lot more FE for you. So, this way you put a lot more pressure on the opponent.

Raising 6BB is bad if opponent is limp/raising monsters, because you will have to go broke preflop after 6BB raise because of the raise : stack ratio, but if that happens you will still get a note on the opponent's play, so you'll be ready for next time he limp/raises you. And sometimes opponent will make such play with some low-medium PP and you will only be flipping against him.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

I'd prefer to just complete and play the flop.
      No, I never like this on micro limits, only on midstakes+ - you lose value

just raise to either 5bb or 6bb and look at the stack : raise ratio if your ratio is <2.5:1.

If you got reraised with a 5bb raise prior to that:
      1.44 : 0.5 = 2.88 thus Fold K:dQ

If you got reraised with a 6bb raise prior to that:
      1.34 : 0.6 = 2.23 thus Shove

Therefore I think either way you can push it since 1 BB makes a difference in this spot.

Best regards,
      Gerv