10-man SnG Bankroll Managment

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Hey, ive just moved from cash games to SnGs and was wondering how many buy-ins are recomended for the 10-Man $3 SnGs on Party?

Currently been running very good in them, won three in a row yesterday but my bankroll is only $203 so i think a down swing could seriously dent it, would i be better moving down to $1's ???
  • 7 replies
    • JayGGX
      JayGGX
      Silver
      a good bankroll management would be 150(50 BI) ure doing fine with 200
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      depends of many things:

first: how many tables do you play ...
      second: do you play normal or speed?
      third: is you BR all what you want to invest to play poker....
      fourth: stakes you are playing

1. playing fev tables 1-4 .. you can use 30BI BR
      playing multytable ... 8-12 tables ... i advise you to double up br to 60BI
      2. if you play speed you should have 50-60BI (fev tables)
      if you multy table speed sng good BR is 100BI+
      3. if not you can use agresvie BRM
      if yes ... probably multyple every number by 1,5-2
      4. for higher stakes (33$sng) i advise you minimum of 100BI for your confort level

so i put you into 30-50BI... i wisely advise you to stick with 50BI+ BRM
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Thanks for the in depth response miskokvo!

1. In cash games I used to play 6-8 tables but since starting SNG I have only been playing 2-3 since when it gets short handed the action is thick and fast!

2. I play in turbo SnG on party, so the time to make decison is the same as normal, but blinds increase every 3 minutes (you find yourself in push/fold pretty quick!)

3. The bankroll I have built is from the starting capital from pokerstrategy and at the moment yes this would be all I was willing to invest.

4. $3 Stakes, very soft at first glance!

So i think ill stick to a 50bi as a general rule and see how my sng career progresses :p Thanks for the help!
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Does the number of tables you play really affect you BRM? Unless your play becomes substantially worse, I dont think so. You just run through the swings faster imo.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      I would say it does as you cannot play as well on 1-2 talbes as you can on 10, therefore on bad days you are liable to loose more. Also when you factor in tilt, get a few bad beats on a couple of tables, could affect your play on other tables?
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Originally posted by midgetjay
      Does the number of tables you play really affect you BRM? Unless your play becomes substantially worse, I dont think so. You just run through the swings faster imo.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      midgetjay: only robot can play always 100%

human is affect of stress etc...more tables mean more chances to make mistakes..more money... less time ... loosing reads ... MISCLICKS-cost me fortune...

if you multytable ... there is 3 bad beats ... very very bad beats... and you have like 8-9tables still opened... dont tell me that this will not affect your game?

as i said before .. if you multytable you should have bigger BR

or just your internet connection fall down/sites connection fallen down..

matematicly: if your play is always 100% ...so why every player who play 1-2 tables move up to 10 tables ...and his ROI fall down from 20% to 13% ... dont tell me that his game has not changed

is this enought reasons why you should have biger BR when you multytable?