This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

10-man SnG Bankroll Managment

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Hey, ive just moved from cash games to SnGs and was wondering how many buy-ins are recomended for the 10-Man $3 SnGs on Party?

Currently been running very good in them, won three in a row yesterday but my bankroll is only $203 so i think a down swing could seriously dent it, would i be better moving down to $1's ???
  • 7 replies
    • JayGGX
      JayGGX
      Gold
      a good bankroll management would be 150(50 BI) ure doing fine with 200
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      depends of many things:

first: how many tables do you play ...
      second: do you play normal or speed?
      third: is you BR all what you want to invest to play poker....
      fourth: stakes you are playing

1. playing fev tables 1-4 .. you can use 30BI BR
      playing multytable ... 8-12 tables ... i advise you to double up br to 60BI
      2. if you play speed you should have 50-60BI (fev tables)
      if you multy table speed sng good BR is 100BI+
      3. if not you can use agresvie BRM
      if yes ... probably multyple every number by 1,5-2
      4. for higher stakes (33$sng) i advise you minimum of 100BI for your confort level

so i put you into 30-50BI... i wisely advise you to stick with 50BI+ BRM
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Thanks for the in depth response miskokvo!

1. In cash games I used to play 6-8 tables but since starting SNG I have only been playing 2-3 since when it gets short handed the action is thick and fast!

2. I play in turbo SnG on party, so the time to make decison is the same as normal, but blinds increase every 3 minutes (you find yourself in push/fold pretty quick!)

3. The bankroll I have built is from the starting capital from pokerstrategy and at the moment yes this would be all I was willing to invest.

4. $3 Stakes, very soft at first glance!

So i think ill stick to a 50bi as a general rule and see how my sng career progresses :p Thanks for the help!
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Does the number of tables you play really affect you BRM? Unless your play becomes substantially worse, I dont think so. You just run through the swings faster imo.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      I would say it does as you cannot play as well on 1-2 talbes as you can on 10, therefore on bad days you are liable to loose more. Also when you factor in tilt, get a few bad beats on a couple of tables, could affect your play on other tables?
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Originally posted by midgetjay
      Does the number of tables you play really affect you BRM? Unless your play becomes substantially worse, I dont think so. You just run through the swings faster imo.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      midgetjay: only robot can play always 100%

human is affect of stress etc...more tables mean more chances to make mistakes..more money... less time ... loosing reads ... MISCLICKS-cost me fortune...

if you multytable ... there is 3 bad beats ... very very bad beats... and you have like 8-9tables still opened... dont tell me that this will not affect your game?

as i said before .. if you multytable you should have bigger BR

or just your internet connection fall down/sites connection fallen down..

matematicly: if your play is always 100% ...so why every player who play 1-2 tables move up to 10 tables ...and his ROI fall down from 20% to 13% ... dont tell me that his game has not changed

is this enought reasons why you should have biger BR when you multytable?