My Bad streak, it's unbelievable

• NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      I'm playing DoNs (mix of 5$ and 10$ ones, 8 in same time) on Pacific and I consider myself to be fairly good player.
      Playing only best hands in the early phases and while game goes, playing more loose and stealing more blinds when I have to.

In 30 days I jumped from 50$ to 450$ (+pending 100 $ which was about to be cleared).
      In normal circumstances (while having normal luck) I was earning 15-20 dollars a day, steadily each day...until 15 days ago when I had an incredible 10 day streak of bad luck, when i downed to 100$ after the bonus got cleared.

Shortly, only part where I got lucky is with the amount of AA's, KK's and QQ's, and incredibly unlucky with every other situation over 300 DoNs I think I played over these 10 days, I think that's a lot of freaking hands.
      At the end of a post I'll post my favorite hands I lost, they are simply brilliant.

It's important to note that it all happens when I'm lowest in chips + in the bubble, and have to go all in to survive, which is pretty strong kick in the balls.

Hands where I'm ahead 65:45 (like A J vs K 10) I manage to lose in around 65% of the cases. Pacific doesn't save hands so it's not completely accurate but if anything, I lowered the %-age.
      That was most often case, and I simply lost ridiculous amount of those hands.

Next: I'm blind stealing with only the best hands depending on the situation. I'm short stacked waiting in small blind with AJ, everyone folds and I go all in.
      But guess what, he got better one. Maybe its AA or AK, AQ...whatever. I'm not sure what are the chances for that to happen, but it happened pretty often for me, in around 25-30% of the cases probably.

Now pairs: I'll only mention those where I had bigger pair then the opponent (because in opposite case...of course I didn't hit a set), I was losing like 30-35% of those by either him getting a set or a flush, or a strait etc.
      One particular day stayed in my mind where i lost 6 of those "Better pocket pair vs Lower pocket pair" situations in a row.

Have to mention again that I'm very tight and go all in only when its essential to survive, or when I'm miles ahead.
      As well I'm never tilting...I'm only punching my door/desk few times when really silly things happen.

Here are my favorite hands I lost, as I said I don't have saved hands from Pacific so I'll put them together as good as possible:

I got A :heart: A :diamond: and going all in.
      Someone calls.
      He shows A :club: A :spade: aswell.
      Me: "lolerskates", Him: "roflcopter"
      Flop: K :club: K :heart: 10 :club: , Turn: 6 :club: , River: 7 :club: .
      Bye me.
      (95.6% chance for the tie)

Blinds are 25/50.
      I got A:heart: A:spade: and raising to 200.
      Someone calls. Someone2 calls.
      Flop: 2:heart: A:diamond: 4:club: . Pot is around 600.
      I check to trap pplz.
      Someone goes all in. Someone2 calls.
      I'm thinking "what the hell, they can't be in front" and call.
      Someone shows K:club: K:spade: .
      Someone2 shows Q:heart: Q:club: .
      Turn: 5:diamond: , River: 3:diamond: .
      We split the pot -_-
      (after we went all in I had 98.5% chance to win)

Blinds 15/30. Some tournament with 50 players.
      I got 8:diamond: 8:spade: and raising to 80.
      Someone calls. Someone2 calls.
      Flop: 9:diamond: 8:heart: 9:heart: .
      I check. Someone goes all in. Someone calls.
      I'm thinking "they probbably got a 9 with some strong kicker, should be fairly ahead, and besides this is not a DoN and I need to get myself some chips".
      I call.
      Someone shows: K:club: 9:spade: .
      Someone2 shows K:heart: 9:club: .
      Turn: 6 :spade: , River: K :diamond: .
      (after we went all in I had 84.4% chance to win)

Blinds 50/100. I had 1400 chips and in SB, everyone folds in front.
      I got J:heart: 10:heart: and raising to 200 to get the blinds.
      Someone calls.
      Flop: 5:spade: J:diamond: 10:spade: .
      I bet 250, he calls.
      Turn: 3:heart: .
      Knowing that player, I pretty much know he don't have a set because hed probbably go all in with it, only thing I was concerned about is flush.
      I bet 350, he calls.
      River: 6:heart: .
      I go all in because spade didn't fall, he calls.
      Someone shows 2:heart: 4:diamond: .
      What the f*** was that?.
      In these situations I especially love when someone says "WOW man NH" to him.
      (after the flop I had 94.5% chance to win)

These next 3 are very dear to me, they all happened in 2 days span.

Blinds 25/50. I had 1200 Chips.
      I got J:heart: J:diamond: and calling Someones raise to 100. (just 2 of us in the hand)
      Flop: J:spade: 8:spade: 8:heart: .
      I bet 100. He goes all in. I call.
      He shows A:club: 8:diamond: .
      Turn: 8:club: , River 5:heart: .
      (after we went all in I had 95.3% chance to win)

Blinds 50/100. I had 900 Chips and was 6th out of 6.
      I got A:heart: K:heart: and raising to 200.
      Someone calls.
      Flop: J:heart: 10:heart: 7:heart: .
      I check. Someone goes all in. I call.
      Someone shows K:club: J:club: .
      Turn: K:spade: , River: J:diamond: .
      (after we went all in I had 97.5% chance to win)

Blinds 50/100. I had 1000 Chips and was 6th out of 6.
      I got 10:heart: 10:spade: and raising to 250.
      Someone calls.
      Flop: 10:diamond: 5:spade: 6:heart: .
      I check to trap him. Someone goes all in. I call.
      Someone shows A:heart: 6:club: .
      I'm like: "owned".
      Turn: 6:diamond: , River: 6:spade: .
      (after we went all in I had 99.6% chance to win)
  • 9 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Thats painful to look at ;(

Upside is your playing correctly
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      It's disgusting. Sorry to see all that. The good news is that it's gonna wear off and you'll be raping them with that play. Just buckle up and wait for the good times.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      just don't let bad beats afect your play. I lost 78$ pot on NL10 last night.
      i was playing with one epic fish and another solid player, I had K :diamond: T :diamond: on a board:
      flop: 4 :club: 7 :diamond: 3 :diamond: turn:Q :spade: River: T :diamond:
      the fish went all in for his 20 $, i called and the other player also called and shoved 6 :diamond: A :diamond:
      I looked on a screen and cannot believe what happened. (fish got a pair of tens)
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      I couldn't have believed it either, if I held T :diamond: and river comes T :diamond: ..
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I made mistake in writing. I had K :diamond: J :diamond: .
      The point is i lost with 2nd nutflush where i couldn't play it differently.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sasa1234
      I made mistake in writing. I had K :diamond: J :diamond: .
      The point is i lost with 2nd nutflush where i couldn't play it differently.
      I don't think your play was OK. If fish went all-in I wouldn't go all-in if I had your hand. It's not the nut flush draw. He could have 3 of a kind and could catch full house. He could also had Axd just like the solid guy. Your play is not profitable and gambling IMO.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      I think your plays are not that oke....
      Minraise with 9bb seems a mistake, and with all those donkcheck/shoves(calls) you are pretty well readable imo.

the JT hand you should bet more on turn for protection.

the rest is just really bad luck
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      @ timkrones

Your right about that situation with 9bbs, alto being the one with tight reputation, min raise is enough in 90% of the cases to steal the blinds which I tried. Was most probably in the small blind.

I'm not sure what you meant with that "with all those donkcheck/shoves(calls) you are pretty well readable imo", I'm doing it when I have the nuts to extract as many chips as possible.

The way I play is: When I check I could have nothing or something nice (or nuts), and when I bet/raise I could have been bluffing or have something nice. I'm trying to be as less readable as possible which I believe I'm successful with. Those cases are just a few hands out of maybe 20k hands I played during those 300 DoNs.
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      Anyways...since my bad streak stopped 6 days ago I managed to get back from 100$ to ~500$ :D

One day I actually flopped quads 3 times (with pocket pairs) altho I didn't get much chips with those.

As well I saw my first strait flush in maybe 4 months which kicked out 2 people.

I know long bad streaks will happen but just hope it will be shorter next time

PS: I'll post a graph from Shark Scope when it's updated, should be pretty damn steep uphill :)