[NL20-NL50] NL25SH 78s

• silent21
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, SB raises to $3.10, BB folds, Hero calls $2.10.

Flop: ($6.45) Q:diamond: , 4:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($7.45) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75.

River: ($20.95) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $14.90 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20.95

pf - well this guy is not nitty, even though he 3bet oop which indicates usually strong hand i called because of good playable hand and position over him

flop - why not calling 50c in 7$ pot with gutshot and backdoor flush

i think i should fold turn, i had fd + gutshot but the odds are not so good.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz

Preflop: I'd still prefer to fold to the raise.
      Flop: OK.
      Turn: I might prefer to fold here. But the call isn't wrong, it's very close because you have position and also you mostly will get his stack on river.

Best regards,
    • caltabiano
      Calling is fine as you are IP. The fact that his 3bet is OOP is very good because it indicated strength and you have positive. Your hand is a speculative hand and when you hit something, it's often the winning hand. So you want your opponent to be holding something with which he will pay you off.

I don't know what he's up to on this flop. Some players do this with monsters, some players do this with draws, some players do this with air because they think their opp might have checked the c/f box.

I prefer just calling it and on the turn you can probably call again because you have so many outs and like veriz said, you'll often get his stack.

• Kaitz20
      You can likely call 3-bet pf, if you´re willing to raise at some pots with 87s for value/semibluff or call down lighter.
      At some scenarios:
      you´re most of the times don´t flop anything and have to fold, at some flops you hit one pair and don´t know if you´re ahead or behind, then call c-bet and likely fold to turn barrel. some times you hit oesd or flusdraw and likely get it all-in against overpair or higher flushdraw or call on the flop and have to fold turn ui.
      And some points you raise his c-bet and take pot down.
      and at some rare situations you flop two pair or trips and likely stack overpair if you decide just to call his flop and turn bets and shove/call river shove or on drawy boards raise and he would fold overcards or stack off with overpair.

So you can call pf, but you have to make some moves postflop to play 87s profitable.
      I´d raise flop, because he would likely bet there small with AQ, AJ, sometimes QQ-99 and might fold to your flop raise.
      Calling turn is fine: you have enough outs and villain could also be bluffing there for example AJ, AT.