SSS Table Selection

• blueswimmer
      blueswimmer
      Bronze
      I Play SSS NL10 on Party Poker

I have read Bulldogs comments about table selection on Party and cant wait to clear my second stage of the bonus.

I to find it very difficult to find tables with few short stacks on them and just end up playing on the available tables with the highest average pot size and good went to flop ratio. I multi table 6 tables and play around 500 hands a session

I am looking forward to the day that I can withdraw my funds currently @ $57 and buy in to a site where it is possible to have good table selection.

On Party I have faced huge variance with my original $50 going down to about $13 back up to $60 and now at $57 but only after $25 was added to my account as stage 1 of the $100 bonus.

I am the first to admit that I do make mistakes particularly when I first started out however I am now a lot tighter and follow the basic / bronze SSS stratergy to the letter with maybe the occasional blip through lack of concentration.

Number of Hands - 12840 - $ (12.41) - (124.1) - BB / 100 = (0.97)
      VP$IP - 6
      PFR - 6
      PFA - 6
      WTS - 40

I have recently noticed that the SSS has changed slightly with a Push used rather than a re raise 3 times + BB.

Should I continue playing the SSS I learned or is the new SSS more profitable, the area where this has the most affect is if there is a raise behind you.

I welcome any feedback on the above

Cheers
      Will
  • 3 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Yes SSS is very hard to play on party NL10. Read my blog ;) 4th or 5th page where i grinded to gold and i lost like$70 in 8k hands.

About the SSS articles. It made no real difference because generally a 3x raise would be half your stack. I would say Out of position, push because you will have to push as a cbet on the flop anyway. In position you can raise 3x and then if you miss the flop and they bet you can potentially save money.
      Treat min raisers like limpers but raise to $0.60 instead of $0.50

<Edit: Stats look fine by the way :) >

Good Luck and Best wishes

-Jack
    • blueswimmer
      blueswimmer
      Bronze
      Hi Jack,

I have had a bit more luck today just about breaking even from the ($10.00) loss from yesterday.

I have tried to be a lot more selective with my table choice and have managed to find tables with no more than 2 short stacks. although it is going to take a lot of discipline to only play these tables when I am trying to grind the bonus or just want to play poker.

Once I have played through the bonus which site would you recommend to carry on playing the SSS where I can find games that fit the criterea regularly.

With regards to the new SSS articles you are right it makes little difference thanks for the advice about min raisers and pushing out of position.

I read your blog and am certainly interested in trying my hand at SH and BSS at some point.

Cheers
      Will
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I believe that the best site to SSS on is PokerStars. Huuuuuuge traffic and not that many Shortstackers.

-Jack