This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] (FR) KQs strong draw OOP, in 3bet pot

• pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      $0.05 NL - Holdem - 6 players

BB: 101 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
      UTG: 178.6 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
      Hero (MP): 100 BB
      CO: 104.4 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 5)
      BTN: 273.6 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
      SB: 32 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, BTN raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 4 BB
      Thoughts and questions:
      is this a raise/call? Or should I only call here against the blinds (to play IP) and consider to call BU 3-bet only if the limper was not in the hand?
      My though here was BU knows I would iso raise the limper with not so good hands and it was trying to steal the pot with that mini 3bet.

Flop: (20.4 BB, 2 players) J:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 6 BB, Hero raises to 19 BB, BTN calls 13 BB
      Thoughts and questions:
      With the nuts fd + gushot, I thought I could check/raise this board. Overplayed or fine?

Turn: (58.4 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 21 BB, Hero calls 21 BB
      Thoughts and questions:
      Now, I'm pretty much lost. cbet or check/fold? How much to cbet?

River: (100.4 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 155.6 BB, fold

BTN wins 95.4 BB
  • 5 replies
    • Gianzzurri99
      Gianzzurri99
      Bronze
      Definitely calling the mini 3-bet preflop. I feel like there is no need to check/raise the flop, he is giving you good odds and when you raise you force him to fold most of his weaker hands and only continue with Ax or better. Plus by check/calling you keep the pot smaller out of position which will make the future streets easier to play.
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      Due to the small price you have to pay check calling flop makes more sense than check raising indeed. The thing is that you have to bet most turns after the check raise.
      I like to call flop and donk turn when improved.
      As played, fold river is mandatory.
    • blast126
      blast126
      Bronze
      On preflop there's already enough action to avoid having several opponents involved, call is good. The main objective preflop is to only have one opponent to improve our odds.
      On flop check / raise is good because there's a good chance that you are favorite to win the hand, but still a bluff. With a check / raise if the hand of your opponent isn't very strong you would won the pot.
      On turn you opponent is showing that he has a strong hand, probably an AK, AJ, AA, JJ, less likely, KK or QQ. The price to see next card is too big, probably I would fold.
    • semiramiRNMD
      semiramiRNMD
      Silver
      I like it. Will probably play the same way
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      Villain had:
      pocket tens