This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] Turn decission

• diabloykiss
      diabloykiss
      Bronze
      Simple question: Just call OTT to bluffcatch the river on missed draws or Raise all in to punish bad play on any J and pressure draws? I based my choice on blocking the Ace of diamonds that reduced the ammount of FD making impossible for villain to have low Ax hands and decide to just call.

The thing is if OTR all draw miss and he jams im going to call anyway and get owned by his sets so maybe just push turn and get maximum value?. Here the hand:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 293.7 BB
      SB: 106.2 BB (VPIP: 30.92, PFR: 19.74, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 159)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 17.36, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 125)
      CO: 252 BB (VPIP: 19.76, PFR: 14.92, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 257)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, SB calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (7.5 BB, 3 players) J:diamond: 6:spade: 5:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 2.3 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, fold, Hero calls 5.7 BB

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      SB bets 16.6 BB, Hero calls 16.6 BB

River: (56.7 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 31 BB, fold

Hero wins 54.1 BB

Let me know your insights and please make reference to the importance of having the Ace of diamond and how it should affect the hand.

Regards~
  • 5 replies
    • marcoborn
      marcoborn
      Silver
      I would bet flop a little higher. As this Board hits BBs Range quite good. He has a lot of 5x,6x and backdoor draws/OESDs and you want him to fold his low pairs
      Imo. Its hard to give SB a reasonable Range here. His overall 3bet is 15%. Its not a big sample, but its a tendency that hes 3betting quite some hands.

I think he has on the flop lots of FDs, maybe 55 and 66 and maybe some 78?
      The Ad in general blocks his semi-bluffing Range OTF, so his raise has imo. more value hands. So you should be a little more careful.

OTR the value bet is close. As he most likely has some sort of missed draw or strong made hand, so villian is really polarized OTR. He maybe has some QdXd with a medium/bad kicker there. Your bet looks really strong right here and Im not sure if hes calling his Qx. I wouldnt size that big OTR. Maybe 1/3-1/2 pot.
    • hrabia72
      hrabia72
      Silver
      I would just check back OTF. Pot is 3way where You dont have vbet and bluffing with AdQx here vs 2 people is I think bad as with 30% PSB You dont have enough FEq. Another thing is that You are not afraid if turn completes Flush as You have nuts redraw.
      I bet that when he ch/r that flop vs 2 people he have much more value hands (both Jx for protection and 2pr+ for max value) than draws ( especially when You have Ad)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I would check behind the flop as well and if you Cbet you need to give up if you face a raise. As played calling turn is fine for sure. He has now 79,1bb behind and if you would raise you need to shove and I don't think you will get action of worse if you would do that. On river a bet of like 26bb is big enough for value I think. I expect he will fold a lot if you would bet more and even if you bet smaller the change he will call isn't to high with a missed draw He could have.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • MLima1984
      MLima1984
      Bronze
      The small raise OTF may have been interpreted as a sign of weekness, so maybe the villain was just trying to steal the pot.
      Btw i would check behind OTF and OTR
    • bigdog63
      bigdog63
      Silver
      Given the small size, cbet is fine, if the plan is to barrel any diamond, or BW card. Turn ok. However, why do you bet the River? What do you expect calls from?