Difference between $0.5/1 and $1/2

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi!

Generally is there a big difference in playing FL $0.5/$1 and $1/$2?

I got like 0.8BB/100 hand on $0.5/$1 (48k hands) - FR/SH. A lot of them is on Party and rake there is about 1BB/100 higher than on stars...

But for $1/$2 I am down about $410 in about 13k hands (-1.52BB/100)...
      If I remove rake, I am about +$150...

I am not sure where to look for leaks and what to do with them... just last two days I lost $200 in about 1k hands FR. It was like hell... when got KK, villain had AA or trips, hit trip - villian hit gutshot, got top two pair, villain hit backdoor flush...

So when should I start be nervous that I cannot beat it?

Regards

TTT
  • 8 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hello!

i think if you stick to BRM and seek for your leaks, you should be fine and hit an upswing soon. the variance unfortunately happens to everyone, no matter how good you play :( .

regards,

primzi
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TTT241
      Generally is there a big difference in playing FL $0.5/$1 and $1/$2?
      Generally: no, there's no significant difference. :)

But for $1/$2 I am down about $410 in about 13k hands (-1.52BB/100)...
      Don't worry.. That means you're down 200 BB what is variance/light downswing not rare in SH games.

just last two days I lost $200 in about 1k hands FR. It was like hell... when got KK, villain had AA or trips, hit trip - villian hit gutshot, got top two pair, villain hit backdoor flush...
      100 BB in 1k hands is my variance-world, so I knowhow you feel :(
      I dont remember FR but it'd be (let's say) OK for SH. It sucks but it happens from time to time..

So when should I start be nervous that I cannot beat it?
      Not yet :) If you have problem with BR, move down, get back some confidence, if not, just play as you are used to play and it will turn around soon. Reduce number of tables, look for player-specific reads, post hands etc... (you know it's mentioned in every similar thread so it must be true ;) )
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Thanks. But I really do not like lose $100 every day. It clears my BR so fast :evil:

Btw, today I was again -0.77BB/100 but +$5 :D . One 1/2 covered all 0.5/1 ;)

The biggest experience was getting 2time AA on same table and loose it 2 times... ;) . Once agaist villain with VP 82%...

But on Party 0.5/1 SH is really unplayable game... you pay rake like 3BB/100 hand... on FR rake is 1BB lower... may be more... and you get same amount of party points...

Let see how the comming days will be running... I would like to get back to SH soon, but on 1/2... so when I clear $150 reload + $200 from gladiator and get some rest, re-read all the articles and hopefully will have time for FL books that I got home I will try to crush $1/2 SH again :D

I have temtation try NL SH, but I have feeling like not playing at all... you hardly ever see flop ;) . But it feels really good when some donks tries to bluff your flopped monster for all his stack :D

TTT
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Just expect to see more TAGs... as always when moving up the limits.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey TTT241

I had a pretty similar experience at iPoker... hammering $.50/$1, running like death at $1/$2 after initially running at 5BB/100 through 1.5K hands (all SH). Rake at $.50/$1 for me is running at 3.36BB/100 - good grief. :baby:

To date I'm -250BB overall on $1/$2 through approx 10k hands.

So I know it is easy to start assigning genious to players at the higher limit but tbh it is just variance. I've dropped back so that the fish at $.50/$1 can pwn me for a bit till I finally break their back and have another lash at $1/$2.

To give myself a bit of leeway I've adjusted my BRM just for this limit from my standard move up 500BB, move down 400-450BB to a 750BB/500BB. I figure this will help me establish at, what is for me, a benchmark limit, with plenty of scope for negative variance.

Plus it gives me more time working on my game at the lower limit so when I do move up it is with more experience, more knowledge, and hopefully, therefore, more chance to make a go of it.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hmm... again -$50

Interesting is that on 0.5/1 there are only 55% hands raked
      on 1/2 there are 66% hands raked... (taken from PT) 1/2 is much looser than 0.5/1

TTT

P.S.: I hate donks that calls for 20:80 and hits their 2 our on river after preflop CAP, CAP on flop and 3 bet on turn...
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I'm having a similar experience as you lately. The graphs are in my blog, last page. :D I run great on .25/.50, but on .5/1 I have not been able to get ahead and stay there. I'm almost settled on going back to .25/.50 even though I still have 450BB's for .5/1 FL-SH. I'll give .5/1 another shot later once the psychological stuff passes. Well, that's my plan anyways.

Good luck!
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Ok... I decided switch to 1/2SH... with couple of days (2) that remains to get full $200 bonus from Party promotion I found what it means feel like a

Very very nice change after of couple of frustrating days...
      -$500 in 3 days in SNGs (about 50BI) and continous loosing on FR...

... and feeling that 1/2 is beatable...

My last two days of gladiator grinding :evil: