FL vs NL SSS

• Danny917
      Danny917
      Bronze
      Hello
      I am making a deposit of my refer-a-friend money and I'd like to ask you to compare NL25 SSS and FL 0.25/0.5 to me on Party Poker. I'd feel more comfortable on NL tables (because I played much more NL before) but I've come across some opinions that SSS on NL10-25 on Party sucks due to great deal of short stacks at the tables. What do you think?
  • 9 replies
    • Danny917
      Danny917
      Bronze
      Any ideas??
    • go6071
      go6071
      Bronze
      If you are used to NL, continue to play it according to the rules. Neither FL nor NL is better or worse. It depends from the player, if he likes more the mathematical approach of FL or if he likes the "gambling" approach of SSS. When I tried SSS once I totally got bored. I like to be more involved in the game and that's why I play FL. If you still want to play SSS, maybe try to deposit at Pokerstars. On Stars SSS for the win ! :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      don't play SSS on party poker - waaaaaaaay too many short stacks :P . i don't know for FL, but in any case i'd suggest you to put money on stars and only play on party poker to clear the max first deposit bonus.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by go6071
      If you are used to NL, continue to play it according to the rules. Neither FL nor NL is better or worse. It depends from the player, if he likes more the mathematical approach of FL or if he likes the "gambling" approach of SSS. When I tried SSS once I totally got bored. I like to be more involved in the game and that's why I play FL. If you still want to play SSS, maybe try to deposit at Pokerstars. On Stars SSS for the win ! :D
      gambling approach of SSS... nice one. learn poker first, when you do, you'll realise that all the strategies on this site are mathematically based, then write normal posts... don't post crap like that, it seriously makes me feel sick sometimes when people say that strategies from here are gambling. gambling is playing without a mathematical strategy and not following BRM.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      gambling approach of SSS... nice one. learn poker first, when you do, you'll realise that all the strategies on this site are mathematically based, then write normal posts... don't post crap like that, it seriously makes me feel sick sometimes when people say that strategies from here are gambling. gambling is playing without a mathematical strategy and not following BRM.
      And you are the greates pokermind of all times :D
    • go6071
      go6071
      Bronze
      So you want to say that in short the SSS is not about waiting for hundred of hands for pocket pairs or AKo, AKs and going all in ? When you go all in you remove all the skill from poker. I have learned poker enough well to be winning and to understand well the strategies here. But when you compare FL & NL SSS you got to admit NL SSS is little more "gambling"...

P.S I don't want to start stupid fights. Everybody chooses the playing style that he likes the most and is more used to.
    • Danny917
      Danny917
      Bronze
      go6071, SSS is not a gambling and it doesnt remove poker skill either. According to what you said, I assume that you have never played SSS on higher stakes than NL25. You are right up to a point, that SSS might be found boring, but here on pokerstrategy there are ppl who play SSS on NL600 or NL1000, and they still find it profitable. However, in that strategy very important thing is table selection, which is very difficult on some pokerrooms. I'm not an SSS maniac but I find it the best for multitabling on for releasing bonuses. Thank you for your advices, I think I need to think by myself now, and hopefully choose the best option ;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      So you want to say that in short the SSS is not about waiting for hundred of hands for pocket pairs or AKo, AKs and going all in ? When you go all in you remove all the skill from poker. I have learned poker enough well to be winning and to understand well the strategies here. But when you compare FL & NL SSS you got to admit NL SSS is little more "gambling"...

P.S I don't want to start stupid fights. Everybody chooses the playing style that he likes the most and is more used to.
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Please don't insult your own intelligence by posting crap like this. SSS is playing TAG and making full use of the pot-odds concept - this is the reason you play with a short stack and go all-in: so that opponents don't often get pot-odds to call you.

It is a very mathematically sound approach and although many players such as yourself get irritated by the SSS players on the tables, it is probably the best style for clearing bonusses quickly. It therefore gives players a starting point for building their bankrolls.

Please before you have thoroughly studied it, don't simply say it's gambling.