stars fucking joking ???

• RollingStoned
      RollingStoned
      Bronze
      hey !!

i dunno... somehow the luck the donks have seems to be exagerated.... i am still in a ~5 k $ down on stars.... its pathetic... i only played 16 $ - 27 $ sng and mtt.... i play very solid and know my play.... but the damn donkeys and fishes always suck me out in key situations and i end up always busting on the bubble or when i am lucky i can double my buy in.... yes it sounds pathetic, but its true. and i am no donk, i know how to play.... its just that they hit EVERYTHING... always their kicker if i have them dominated and if not they hit and i don't...

when i have a high/medium pocket they ALWAYS hit their ace no matter what ace it is.... i don't find it so funny anymore...

either i am quite lucky in the beginning and can double up or triple up ... and then i have card-deadness guaranteed and bust against a donkcall who hits or they have aces or a high pocket... but will i hit the ace or something?? forget it... welll and if i don't get lucky in the beginning it's just the same ....
      i know i crush the games i play, but i can't seem to win... really ridiculous, yet not so funny for my ever decreasing roll on damn stars .... , the best site for donks obviously...

alright... peace
  • 76 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      so there are a ton of donks at the $16s and $27s? , cool thing.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      so there are a ton of donks at the $16s and $27s? , cool thing.
      Yea at first yes, but not so much when u r on a $5k down
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I find it somehow hard to believe that your play is so solid if you are down 5k. The situations you describe happen to all of us everyday - both ways. We give the suckouts and we recieve them. We go card dead or run hot and sometimes - most often in my case - somewhere in between.

A 5k downer on the 27's alone is about 185 BI down. I've heard of 150 from a very solid and strong player before, so it is possible. Keep your head up and follow BRM. Things will even out in the long run.
    • chard01
      chard01
      Bronze
      READ

Donkey

word type: noun

1. An unskilled player, often one who plays extremely loosely, yet passively.
      2. A fish.

Popular Uses

Donkeys always draw. -Unknown

I can't believe that donkey called my pre-flop raise with Ace-rag. Of course, he flopped a flush. -Unknown
      Origin

Just as the word "donkey" can be used to reference a stupid person in everyday life, it also has this basic meaning in poker. Of course, in poker, the term is not nearly as endearing as it is away from the felt.
      You Should Also Know...

Just because someone makes a play you don't like or calls your bluff without a strong hand, it doesn't mean that the person is a donkey. In fact, if you find yourself constantly criticizing other players, you may be the one who is the donkey.

http://pokerterms.com/donkey.html
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Are you trying to imply stars is rigged?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Are you trying to imply that it's not? :D
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      lol!
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      lol!
      Glad you caught the joke :)
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      You are just like one of my friends, same speaking.

Once one Supernova told him, something I really loved :heart: :

"It's interresting how people that lose call other donks"
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I've lost half my BR in the last 2 days on Stars, seems like no matter what, the donks win. AA vs 96o All-in preflop, and he hits...KK vs Ax, always they hit.

I know variance can be a bitch, but it really sucks when you see the same people always doubling up with rubbish hands when you play your A game. Who can afford to play like that? Surely they must crush their bankroll every day making stupid calls with offsuited, unconnected crap.

I know now why they call it Riverstars.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      BRM?
    • ronyouks
      ronyouks
      Bronze
      I noticed that there are days off and days on ( those aren't often). It's difficult to play against someone who has only one card to beat your strong hand, and find it 80% of the time.The better cure is not to play on a bad day to limit the loses. If you get your AA beat 2/3 times in a row agst hands like 84 or A7, just understand that poker don't want you to win today. On the other hand, the few days on we have, we are very happy to find fishes, friday is nice for fish.
      I wish you more luck in your near futures tables.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by xponentx
      I know now why they call it Riverstars.
      ^^
      no good player does that unless it's joke or he wants to entertain fish :rolleyes:
      So, "they" are our costumers usually...
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      No question, Stars are rigged
      http://www.liquidpoker.net/mytlnet/myhand.php?view=item&id=672697

...This happened 1 place before the bubble in the 180 Man ( I was out 19 place, 18 are prized) Talk about three hours wasted

P.S. just move to lower BI's where you crush your opponents why not, you have to expect big swings with MTT's, just switch to cash games if you can't handle it.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      No question, Stars are rigged
      http://www.liquidpoker.net/mytlnet/myhand.php?view=item&id=672697

...This happened 1 place before the bubble in the 180 Man ( I was out 19 place, 18 are prized) Talk about three hours wasted

P.S. just move to lower BI's where you crush your opponents why not, you have to expect big swings with MTT's, just switch to cash games if you can't handle it.
      Its happened to all us sng/mtt players! Just coz u lose doesn't mean its rigged, are you so special that pokerstars is gonna risk their whole business just so you lose? I don't think so. Fulltilt however, thats a different story... :P
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      Don't worry guys you won't proove any bis site is rigged :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      lmao, i love how in EVERY site forum, theres a thread saying that their site is rigged. There is literally one for every site. Yesterday I was 10 BI below EV on cashgames, but today im above a bit. Thats just how it goes...

500th post btw! :D
    • bufcapbrp
      bufcapbrp
      Bronze
      A diamond whining about losing... :) strange... Anyhow, yesterday, not on starts - on partypoker - at one table SNG first 10 hands - there were 3 AAs, all were cracked by the same guy (a real donk) all in preflop (BB=40, stacks 2000), JJ, J7, and A6. Sick? I think so... the guy was sitting w/ 8K and -3 guys, I got my Aces within 20 minutes at the same table and went all in w/ the same guy preflop he holded KQ, flop KQT... shiiit... but river J and I win :D ... the guy eventually lost the tournament and I got ITM. But just before leaving he beat another guys J7s vs. QQ... :D :D :D

I was happy to see a guy like this pay at my table... and even if I had lost it I would have been happy --- these ppl pay our bills.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      lol jokerstarsaments