Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.95
      Hero:
      $9.60

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:heart: , 6:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 6:diamond: , 6:club: , K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.90) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($2.70) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $8.30 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.90

I think I raised too much on the river?
  • 6 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Perhaps a minraise on the river could have gotten you a call from 22-44, 77-99 (most likely villain hands here). Any bigger hand (55566, TTT66) is going to re-raise and shove for you anyway.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Always hard to get value on such a flop. I think checking the flop is fine although I would likely raise the turn smallish and then valuebet the river half potsize instead of raising on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: Bet, you need to start build up the pot, if he doesn't have the K then it's unlikely that he will invest much more money into the pot on next streets.

As played
      Turn: Raise.
      River: Raise, I'd prefer to make a normal raise here, he wont Call the overraise here.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I still think slowplaying is the best here, because we get value from bluffs aswell and he doesn't often hold a K here. That's why I think we get more value from his whole range by checking the flop :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Fongie
      I still think slowplaying is the best here, because we get value from bluffs aswell and he doesn't often hold a K here. That's why I think we get more value from his whole range by checking the flop :)
      You have to balance your play with bluff and nuts. Also there aren't many hands that will Call you on next streets if you start betting and raising. Without Kx he wont pay you much or a better hand.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hm, depends on history and opponent. Againsta good tasg I am always cbetting, becausew he expects me to cbet this board like ever. Against random a slowplay is ok, if I slowplay, then like hero did it, call turn and raise river.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar