This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[PLO25] QQ55ds 3bet pot vs reg

• efkay
      efkay
      Silver
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $34.60 (138.4 bb)
      BB: $21.12 (84.5 bb)
      UTG: $9.23 (36.9 bb)
      MP: $28.55 (114.2 bb)
      CO: $41.54 (166.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $32.95 (131.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Qs: :Qh: :5h: :5s:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) :3h: :2c: :5d: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20

Turn: ($11.65) :Ks: (2 players)
      SB bets $7.75, Hero calls $7.75

River: ($27.15) :6s: (2 players)
      SB checks Hero ?

SB is like my daily grinding super regular villain. we have much history over weeks and since there was so many history it sometimes is hard for me not to fancy to be honest. But I think he has the same struggle because sometimes I see him do bad plays too so I guess he can tilt. He can play blocker but isnt always "in the mood" to do so as I can tell.

his 3bet is like 10-12%. I might have missed an opportunity to value4bet here since I had just watched a video about that topic today.

I think if I raise flop I will only get called by worse but instead shoving fine turn would be ok for me.

Well I see him playing kings this way so this turn wasnt that good for me as well but I think one mistake might be not to stick 4th nuts in here for spr2. since there was no fd on turn I decided to keep his bluffs even though I am not sure if he still has some to this point or if he is willing to stick worse than set in for a turn raise.

river up tou you guys first :P
  • 2 replies
    • Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      P-T: I think you played perfect so far.

R: The hands you are afraid now is 4[7,6,5,3,2]xx, A2xx, KKxx. This 1/7 of his flop range has you beat otr, I think he might also barrel overpairs and pair+gs stuff (2pairs are unlikely) otf. Ott his big bet shows a lot of strength, your Equity will be over 30%, enough to have an easy call but you are no more in a range advantage. He is likely to make a fance check-raise with his straights and check-call some straights and the KKxx which is likely in his range (lots of KKxx in his 3bet & barreling ranges), you might get an call by AAxx and twopair-Kxxx if you bet small, but the second barrel make those hands more unlikely. You don't get value by his check-folding air range. All in all I would check-back here. From time to time I go for a small token-value bet otr because lots of player are curious and cannot fold an obv beaten hand but against the player-type you mentioned, when he is tight it's a check-behind.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If turn opens a flush draw, you raise. Now as it's rainbow, you can call quite happily, no need to protect the hand with a raise.

River doesn't change much, when SPR is under 1 I don't think he would check KK or better. Here you could do a small bet, and it would be a different situation form the other hand (where you had JJ). Reason is that opponent's range is often quite weak like one pair, so even with nuts you wouldn't bet big. You have only 20 behind so if you bet $8-9 he can't raise you with a bluffs. Of course if he does raise, you call.