This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] 78s - vs raise a cbet - complete flush in TURN

• modeob
      modeob
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $13.29 (132.9 bb)
      BB: $8.81 (88.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $23.66 (236.6 bb)
      CO: $7.96 (79.6 bb)
      BTN: $17.36 (173.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with :7h: :8h:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) :Jh: :9c: :6h: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $1.87, Hero calls $1.27

Turn: ($4.49) :Qh: (2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 2 replies
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      I have 87s in my UTG range too in most cases, even more at NL10 where there are lots of nits. I believe most players have too.

Very nice flop. You pick up a monster draw (OESD + flushdraw). I like to cbet to build the pot, but how did you plan to play turn in case you don't improve?
      Your bet size looks so much like "I have a decent hand that needs to be very well protected", like overpairs. I'm not sure if a big bet is the best here. I really don't mind getting called by better here, so I'd probably go for 50/60%.

That flop raise looks very strong because of your size. He'll basically fold everything that missed.
      Can't fold here though. So calling is fine because I really don't think you can fold out any hand he's raising with. Big Ax's should 3bet more pre than flat, so hands like AKs, AQs, AJs, KJs are less likely imo. ATs/KTs are more likely. QJs probably flats your cbet?

Turn you hit and it is a very interesting card. What do you think villain is going to do here? JJ/99 bets or check back? KTs is now a better flush. QJ is less likely.
      Your range here has to be super strong too after calling that flop raise OOP. Check/call leaves you commited and vulnerable for the river, folding is out of question.
      That said, I think donk here is ultra-strong and might fold out everything but stronger flushes. Besides, I dont know how to size my bet here with 8.43$ left.
      So I would check/shove turn. If he checks back, I'd re-evaluate river. If he is agressive, I lean towards check/raise river as he might thin value sets, if not donk for value.
    • hrabia72
      hrabia72
      Bronze
      If You donk OTT Villain will put You on Flushes only as You bet/call flop with so ch/r OTT is the best as zetozinho says he will put You on OP orAJ