music for live poker

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      The subj. says it all - what kind of music do you listen while playing live poker? :)

Fast, slow, inspiring, aggressive, dull,.. etc? Something that drowns the background noises or music as background while still perfectly hearing all the table discussions, ... etc? Something that helps you to push the chips :D or exactly opposite, something calm that helps you to keep cool head?
  • 8 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Power metal bands like Gamma Ray, Helloween, Blind Guardian, edguy, HammerFall, Sabaton etc.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Hehe, I listen to that too :) Helloween, Blind Guardian, Avantasia, Nightwish, Dream Theater etc..
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Don't wanna be a thread spoiler, but I never listen music while playing... there's too much free information that will help me decide what to do at some point. For me it's like live datamining, as it allows me to gather information from hands in which I wasn't at the table. It's actually quite amusing rather than boring.

Some time ago I heard a guy talking to his friend about some points that he needed for whatever ranking system. I guessed that he would fold everything in order to gather those points. Close to the bubble, I pushed each and every single time he was the big blind, and I was third to act! LOL Worked beautiful.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Nice read AquamanBT! :D But I mean it is so rare to pick up such a reads.. Music doesn't distract me from making body-language related reads though. And I personally find it much easier to concentrate when music is on, even if its one earphone
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah why not listen in the early stages, you have an edge usually anyway. Just lose your Deathmetal when you reach FT ;p
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      If I did play live poker enough to get so bored with it that I'd need to entertain myself with music and stuff during and between hands... I'd probably listen to classical music or nature sounds :P
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Live poker is amazing cause you can annoy your opponents after you fold=) ) Put them on tilt!!

I'd listen to Herbie Hancock.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      House, electro... some trance

Stuff like that... :)