connecting FT with PS

• 13 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Send a ticket to support to ask, through the help tab. But I doubt they will.

The smaller sites I think are more willing to do this if it brings them buisness, because well they're the smaller sites, :D . But FTP and Stars just have so many players, they don't really need the money, and by attatching it to pokerstrategy, they will have to pay PS money. No reason why they'd do that :P
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      maybe because if they dont connect it. I will stay at tracked mansion. but if they do that, I will deposit about 600 uSD and play there every day and do lot of rake :]
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Sorry mate... you and about 1.6 million other PS folks would love to be retracked but it won't happen.

If you contact Full Tilt and they say yes then awesome, but they and Pokerstars and Party Poker all said no to me - and I asked them REALLY NICELY!!!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Sorry mate... you and about 1.6 million other PS folks would love to be retracked but it won't happen.

If you contact Full Tilt and they say yes then awesome, but they and Pokerstars and Party Poker all said no to me - and I asked them REALLY NICELY!!!
      +1

Worth a try, but highly unlikely. I've never managed it and don't know anyone who has.

Bart
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      ok I understand, so what is that function here at ps for? when I put my player ID next to fulltilt and that field is ticked?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Thats only for if you sign up with the pokerstrategy promotional code :(
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      If your account is play money only, try creating another account with the promotional code and track it to PS, then e-mail FT support and ask them to close the old account. Once it's done you just deposit money in your new account that should be tracked to PS.

Come on guys... am I really the only one who ever did it?

My account was 2-3 years old and I never really played much play money there anyway, so maybe they didn't see any problems with this.

Well, never managed to do this on stars though... greedy motherf.... X(
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      If your account is play money only, try creating another account with the promotional code and track it to PS, then e-mail FT support and ask them to close the old account. Once it's done you just deposit money in your new account that should be tracked to PS.

My account was 2-3 years old and I never really played much play money there anyway, so maybe they didn't see any problems with this.

Word of warning. Creating a 2nd account (whatever the reason) is strictly against Full Tilts rules and T&C's.
      If you do, you could possibly stand to lose both accounts, get banned for life and have any existing money in your accounts confiscated.

As discussed before, I strongly suggest you discuss with FTP support and if only a play money account, they may let you input the code, but at the end of the day it's totally up to them.

I am aware of other players having been banned for life with no appeal/decision is final. Don't run the risk, it's just not worth it.

Bart
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Originally posted by Faye6891

Word of warning. Creating a 2nd account (whatever the reason) is strictly against Full Tilts rules and T&C's.
      If you do, you could possibly stand to lose both accounts, get banned for life and have any existing money in your accounts confiscated.

As discussed before, I strongly suggest you discuss with FTP support and if only a play money account, they may let you input the code, but at the end of the day it's totally up to them.

I am aware of other players having been banned for life with no appeal/decision is final. Don't run the risk, it's just not worth it.

Bart
      I don't have 2 accounts.

As soon as I created the second account, I e-mailed FTP support, told them I had 2 accounts and asked them to close the older account because I'd be using the newer account, they closed the older one and I started playing with an account tracked to PS.

EDIT: Oh, of course I only deposited any money after I received confirmation that FTP had closed the older account so I wouldn't run any risk of losing money.

EDIT#2: But I appreciate your word of warning though. :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Meant more as guidance to the OP and any other members who may not be aware of the T&C's to be honest Faye.

Source: Full Tilt Poker:
      2. Players are not allowed to create, use, or deposit to more than one account. Players who are found to have multiple accounts or to have allowed multiple users to access their account may face account suspensions or revocations, and forfeiture of their accumulated Full Tilt Points and real money balances.

Sounds like you acted swiftly and communicated fully with FTP and you should therefore not have any ongoing problems yourself.

I think it is unwise however to suggest to fellow members "try creating a second account", when this is against Full Tilt rules. I would hate for any fellow member to lose out financially and/or lose access to the software and as such we should not allow or worse still suggest that members break such rules.

If everyone can just bear this in mind that'll be great ;)
      Thanks for your understanding :)

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: I hope you guys/girls are having better luck at the Full Tilt tables than me, going through a bit of a downswing at the moment again, sigh :D lol
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Oops... sorry about that, I was only trying to help. :(

But, well, anyway... it worked for me... but I did communicate FULLY with FTP, and explained what I was doing.
      That I had created a second account and was going to deposit and play real money on this account, therefore I was requesting the closure of my old account in order to avoid any future problems, bla bla bla... (or something like that).

The only thing I didn't say is that I was doing this to get tracked to PS, but I believe they knew it since I had to signup with the PS code and, well, it's only normal that they have access to this information. But for some reason they did close the old account instead of the new one.

I think a much better advice than my first one is:
      If you're gonna try this, don't try to hide what you're doing from FTP.

Sorry about anything everyone.

P.S.: and yeah, I'm having a great time at the tables. And Bart, make sure it's a downswing and not bad play, I had a huge "downswing" during a few months and only then I realized there were quite a few leaks in my game, and although I was getting bad beats, these bad beats were clouding my judgement so I end up not seeing I was making a lot of mistakes as well. I stepped away from the tables for 2 months and just reviewed a bunch of hands I had played, only then I could realize I hadn't gone through a downswing, I was just playing bad.

Well, went a little off-topic there, but I hope this can be helpful to your or anyone else who's going through bad times.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I still think creating a second account is a solution if you only played play money on the first one. The worst thing that may happen is that they close your second account and leave your first one open so there's nothing to lose, really..

I did this on Party and it went fine. I cashed out all my winning without any problem, not even ID check. I know that some people did this on FT, too.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Actually, in theory, they could ban you from FTP, but, IMO, they wouldn't ban a play money player (well, at least not for just creating a second account). That's what Bart (EagleStar) was pointing out.

On party, If I'm not mistaken, they have a different policy regarding this matter, that they do allow the creation of a new account if you only have a play money account. (At least, that's how it worked a couple of years back).

As for those greedy bastards on stars... it didn't work, they closed the 2nd account instead of the 1st one. X(

But I think the important point here is not try to hide what you're doing, like "okay, I'm gonna open a second account, start playing for real money and not tell anything to anyone", if they eventually find out you have multiple accounts (and they probably will), you could be banned from FTP and lose your money.

And as Bart pointed out, it's a risk not worth taking.