Is this possible?

• bfcf
      bfcf
      Global
      This is my first post here but i have to talk about this.

It's just me that always loose AA, AK, KK, QQ, JJ on this room to flush, straight, poker, whatever, on river??

This happens to me ALL THE TIME on Titan Poker!

I play like the Pokerstrategy tells me to play but i have no chance!

For instance, yesterday i had the nuts, 3 of a kind of jacks on flop! Went all in, another guy too and he had a pocket pair of queens! In the turn he gets another queen and on the river another queen!!

I know this can happen, it's called bad beat...but this happens to me always on this room, i can't even bet right because i'm always afraid...

Look at this, just happened again...

I wait a lot of time for great hands and this happens ALWAYS.

It's just my bad luck or this room it's cursed?
  • 7 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi bfcf, welcome to the forum and nice first post.

This is just standard variance I'm afraid and can (and frequently does) appear on all poker sites, at any time and not a great deal you can do about it I'm afraid.

Over the longer term, such bad beats should even out and you will hit a few yourself too. It's the nature of the beast, but is not worth dwelling too much on.

Keep playing your A game, try not to let them affect you mentally and just get right back into the saddle and play through them.

If you do find yourself hitting a few in a row, take a break, refocus and start again.

Good luck with your poker and hope to see posts 2....3... 4.... etc soon :)

Bart
    • bfcf
      bfcf
      Global
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi bfcf, welcome to the forum and nice first post.

This is just standard variance I'm afraid and can (and frequently does) appear on all poker sites, at any time and not a great deal you can do about it I'm afraid.

Over the longer term, such bad beats should even out and you will hit a few yourself too. It's the nature of the beast, but is not worth dwelling too much on.

Keep playing your A game, try not to let them affect you mentally and just get right back into the saddle and play through them.

If you do find yourself hitting a few in a row, take a break, refocus and start again.

Good luck with your poker and hope to see posts 2....3... 4.... etc soon :)

Bart
      Thank you for your support!

I'm really annoyed with this...i mean, i loose a lot of time waiting for good hands and there's nothing i can do about it...

Did you saw the hand? I've done anything wrong on it? I think the bets were right...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I'm no coach and not that experienced, but it looks ok to me. Your raise is sound and raise/all in too. You want to get the opponent to put his money in in these situations and achieved that.

Using PokerStrategy's Equilator tool, you were 81.3% favourite to win the hand preflop with a 0.4% possibility of a tie.
      That means that in this situation your likely to win 4 times out of 5. I think you just hit the 5th on this occasion :(

Villan shoved with an overpair, which is also ok imo, but he just got lucky.

Remember even 99% hand loses sometimes, but you always want to get your money in when 81%:19% ahead imo.

http://www.PokerStrategy.com
      Operation completed... 1,712,304 games processed in 0 seconds. Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 81.536 % 81.318 % 0.437 % 18.246 % KhKd
      Player 2: 18.464 % 18.246 % 0.437 % 81.318 % JsJd

For a more detailed view from a trusted coach, don't hesitate to make good use of the Sample Hands Threads

Good luck my friend,

Bart
    • bfcf
      bfcf
      Global
      Using PokerStrategy's Equilator tool, you were 81.3% favourite to win the hand preflop with a 0.4% possibility of a tie.
      That means that in this situation your likely to win 4 times out of 5. I think you just hit the 5th on this occasion :(
      I'm aware of that but the problem is that on this room i loose 4 of 5 hands like this one. :(

Oh well...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      My recently played KingKing hands. Notice the sharp downturns.... all loses. But also notice the long term gain :D

Stick at it.

Sample size... 88k hands

Bart
    • bfcf
      bfcf
      Global
      My recently played KingKing hands. Notice the sharp downturns.... all loses. But also notice the long term gain :D

Stick at it.

Bart
      Nice graph. :D
    • Dyden
      Dyden
      Bronze
      Ironically, I feel the same way about another pokerroom, and thinking of coming back to Titan where it doesn't seem to happen as often. :D

Let's all blame variance and keep up the good work. :P