Fed up with online poker.

• quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      After suffering a series of back to back losses from idiotic players making stupid moves and profiting I'm finally throwing in the towel. I hate this game.

Its nice that this game creates an even playing field for who can win/lose but its just not the kind of game I like. I get constant streams of bad cards (72o multiple times in a row K2o K3o J5o ALL THE TIME and then the regular rabble of odds and sods 97o 32o 45o 62o) Then when I finally get an AA or something like that some idiot will decide their 102o is worth a cap and then flop a full house. I hate this game.

Not to mention the constant freezing of party pokers software. I hate this game.

I'm trying not to sound whiney, or that its anyones fault but my own. But I'm desperately trying to find something to do with my life besides work all day. And this is not it, its not fun. Sure I had my fair run and made some money. But all the while it was a constant grind and I hated it.

Goodbye PS, you are a great community and it was fun while it lasted. I'm off to find exactly what to do wih my life, when I'm not working...

Sincerely,

- quksht
  • 14 replies
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      ye, if you cant cope with problems, where fish kills ya with idiotic cards, i think you should quit, or try to find a solution how to deal with psychological problems. It happens to everyone. Beleave me. Thats why the poker is so great, you learn how stand up after situations where you did everything right, but it still didnt work out. Am talking not even about poker, but life too.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Bye
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I feel ya, buddy. I can't get ahead of the suckouts anymore - well the last 10 days anyways. X( I feel like I get doomswitched from time to time because I'm just too damn good and chase all the fish away.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Take care.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      See ya, dude! If it's not your game, it's not and that's that. Find something more fun and GL with it!
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      nice signature mishkagg, I feel it'a quite appropriate to this thread :D
    • Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      quiters know when to stop and winners.. winners they get broke because they will loose one day :P :) )
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      lol I see pessimism in 1/2 of the threads today.
      What is it, bad beats day?
      Just grind it out...thats hat I do.
      Originally posted by Vikshrasss
      quiters know when to stop and winners.. winners they get broke because they will loose one day :P :) )
      Why stop when you are winning,and...second part wont ever happen
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Quitters never win cause they have a bad day or a week and say fuck that I quit. Winners never quit not cause they are stubborn retards but because they are determined and keep trying but I believe they should keep trying in a smart way. That's how I interpret that at least. It's like a motto to me: put enough time and effort in something that is interesting and fun to you, educate yourself, concentrate on raising your skill high and you'll eventually get there. I did this with different success in gaming, in drawing when I was around 16-18, I did this is school in the classes that I liked, I try to do this in everything that I find fun. The point is that the OP doesn't find poker fun anymore so he should really quit, not that I think he's a quitter and just says fuck all I leave in everything he does in his life.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Quitters never win because they quit. Winners win because they expect to win. :D
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Being card dead and bad beats are part of poker. Whoever deals with such things best will have a way easier time play poker then the other guys. But whatever the reason, if someone feels they have no future in anything they don't enjoy doing, the best thing is to quit. Saves a lot of energy in the long run.

Good luck to ya quksht, hope u find something that will make u happy and give u a sense of accomplishment :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Change game variety imo.

Don't play SnG->NL->FL, depending on how you handle the bad beats.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      lol I see pessimism in 1/2 of the threads today.
      What is it, bad beats day?
      Just grind it out...thats hat I do.
      Originally posted by Vikshrasss
      Why stop when you are winning,and...second part wont ever happen
      i dont remember wich article did i read.. but there was thing mentioned.. even if you play pefect there is a 5% in poker to go broke ^_^
      well but .. i gues solid br managment prevents most of the players from such things ;)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey quksht,

I'm sorry to hear that. Poker is a game of variance and longterm winning. That means bad play and suckouts belong to the overall short-term picture. Dealing with these shortterm downs simply belongs to the overall picture of being a poker player.

You just need to always keep the longterm in mind and know to appreciate the fish for their bad play. Afterall if the bad players wouldn't suckout once in a while, they would get bored quickly and only the good players would remain.

As others have suggested here; perhaps a change of format or a short break would do good. Aside from that - good luck on your search for something different - and we will always be here should you come back after some time off.

Best regards
      SoyCD