Best poker software and few questions about multitabling

• jack12344
      jack12344
      Global
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Boku-Whats-next_18061

Ok I am impressed by this guy :D I always wanted play multi tables but didn't know if I can make any profit with this. So I tried this on titan poker and started with about ~10 tables ... I was playing single tabled SnG and after I finished all tables I made about 10% profit - how good/bad is it ?

And few questions:

-Guys like boku do they also play just single-tabled SnG or do they play multitables )20-50players)
      - Is it worth to play double or nothing ... does Boku play this :D ?
      -I was getting "timed out" all the time with titan poker ... the problem is that titan doesn't alert me when I need to bet/call.... is there any solution ?
      -I have money on both titan and party poker ... which one do you recommend me for multitabling ... or should I just move to pokerstars ? ( like boku )

And maybe if someone know does boku use any third party software ( in order to keep all 50 tables organized ).

Sorry for my English mistakes and thanks a lot for help.

Jack
  • 7 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi Jack,

10% profit might be really good or just ok depending on what limit you play. You need to play at least a couple of thousand SGNs on a given limit to be able to make any conclusions about your true winrate, though.

I'm pretty sure that Boku played a lot of multitable SNGs in his challenge. Most people who multitable a lot stick with 1 table SNGs as far as I know since they are a bit easier to master I'd say..
      I don't think anyone seriously plays DoNs on a very large scale.
      The solution might me moving to a site where the software doesn't suck so bad. There might also be some 3rd party software that fixes this. I really wouldn't know since I don't play at iPoker.
      If your choices are Titan and Party I'd go with Party. Other people might like Titan better, though.

The most important thing is not to play more tables than you can handle. If you wanna 10 table your ICM knowledge should already be pretty much flawless since you need to make the right decisions really fast. If you're not getting at least the 95% in the ICM trainer every time I'd say forget about multitabling this much for a while and work on your game instead.
    • luxurious88
      luxurious88
      Bronze
      hello, with all the talk going on about ipoker. i have to ask what is ipoker? and what is the difference between ipoker and other poker rooms?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Lots of questions here ;)

- Boku played 18 and 45 man SNGs and can usually also be found on the 180 man ones.
      - 10% is good - but sample size is the most important factor
      - DONs are very good for multitabling but get quite toughish/tight as you move up. Boku doesn't play them afaik (probably because his edge in multitable SNGs is so much bigger)
      - Boku didn't use third party software - but using AHK scripts is pretty useful
      - For multitabling SNGs, PokerStars is pretty much the best optimal software. I haven't tried PartyPoker SNGs for a long time so not sure how multitable friendly that is nowadays.

- iPoker is a large poker network. That means its a network of several poker rooms that are connected. Players from the various pokerrooms all play against each other. Our partnersites Mansion and Titan poker are both part of the iPoker network.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • jack12344
      jack12344
      Global
      Thanks for all replies, I made deposit on pokerstars and I am impressed with their software ... it's really good for multi tabling.

Anyway I know it's getting wired with all those "boku" questions but still ... anybody know if he even plays single tabled SnG ? Or just 18/45man SnG's ?
      Right now am playing at about 15tables ... I make $10/20 per round but I probably lost everything I gained next round ( I play single tabled SnG )

But am thinking to start with 18/45 man SnG.

Once again thanks for help, Jack.
    • Andjing
      Andjing
      Bronze
      I guess playing single or multi sngs is just a matter of personal prefference. I personally feel much more at home at the single table sngs.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      I, on the ohter site feel playing in MTT's gives u bigger ROI. I have been coached for 2 session from a guy who plays 20-30 tables (or around 25 not sure) at once and has nice ROI on them playing 45man sng's, but they last 2x time as 1 table sng's. So its really a matter of your preference.
      Btw we all know boku is a sick man, i can play 25-30 tables max (but my results go down significantly, plaiyng 20tables is optimal for me), and he had at one point opened more than 50 tables.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      In my opinion the difference between 1table and multitable SNGs is that the 1table SNGs are a solved game. It is known how to play in each stage and even what exact hands to play in most spots in order to play perfect. ( I might be exagerationg a bit but the truth is pretty close to that IMO) This means that there are execllent materials here at Pokerstrategy for you to learn the "perfect" strategy but it also means anybody else who's willing to invest the time can learn the strategy themselves and you will have to share your profits with them.
      On the other hand the bigger the tournament the more place for invention. There is no such simple "perfect" strategy available for those which means that your opponent more often won't know how to play those exactly but neither will you since not even Pokerstrategy has that much content about those.

This is obviously just my opinion and everybody is welcome to disagree and give their opinions. Sadly there is no simple answer about which ones are better for you or which ones are more profitable you will still have to make the decision for yourself..