This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH A8s, deepstacked, flop shove

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $64,32
      MP3:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $17,47
      Hero:
      $121,98

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $1,50, CO calls $1,50, Hero raises to $6,00, SB folds, BB calls $5,50, MP3 folds, CO calls $4,50.

Flop: ($19,75) 9:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $11,47 (All-In), Hero raises to $115,98 (All-In), BB folds.

Turn: ($147,20) 6:club:
      River: ($147,20) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $147,20

I shoved so I would gain maximum fold equity against the BB, good play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I am not really sure if it's profitable to squeeze such players as CO is (VPIP: 58), I would rather prefer to fold here.
      Flop: I am not really sure about shoving here, PPs could be BBs range and he could easily have an OP here or a SET. Looks like bad move to me.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      squeeze here is ok i guess (not really in my playbook) even against CO because lets face it even if CO calls A8s is probably ahead of his range anyway Hasenbraten most recent video had a spot like this where he squeezed with A10os arguing that even if the fish calls A10 is ahead of his range.

Personally i think flop is standard, you can't fold, calling is meh, which leaves you with a shove, you can't spend your life worrying about sets in 3 bet pots and an overpair like 10-jj you have fold equity against and even if they call you are flipping with tons of dead money in there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      squeeze here is ok i guess (not really in my playbook) even against CO because lets face it even if CO calls A8s is probably ahead of his range anyway Hasenbraten most recent video had a spot like this where he squeezed with A10os arguing that even if the fish calls A10 is ahead of his range.

Personally i think flop is standard, you can't fold, calling is meh, which leaves you with a shove, you can't spend your life worrying about sets in 3 bet pots and an overpair like 10-jj you have fold equity against and even if they call you are flipping with tons of dead money in there.
      +1
      I´m also always hesiteting about calling and shoving my strong draws, but since you were 3-better, then BB would fold there anything other hands, than set and he doesn´t have set there too often.