$64,32
      MP3:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $17,47
      Hero:
      $121,98

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $1,50, CO calls $1,50, Hero raises to $6,00, SB folds, BB calls $5,50, MP3 folds, CO calls $4,50.

Flop: ($19,75) 9:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $11,47 (All-In), Hero raises to $115,98 (All-In), BB folds.

Turn: ($147,20) 6:club:
      River: ($147,20) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $147,20

I shoved so I would gain maximum fold equity against the BB, good play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I am not really sure if it's profitable to squeeze such players as CO is (VPIP: 58), I would rather prefer to fold here.
      Flop: I am not really sure about shoving here, PPs could be BBs range and he could easily have an OP here or a SET. Looks like bad move to me.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      squeeze here is ok i guess (not really in my playbook) even against CO because lets face it even if CO calls A8s is probably ahead of his range anyway Hasenbraten most recent video had a spot like this where he squeezed with A10os arguing that even if the fish calls A10 is ahead of his range.

Personally i think flop is standard, you can't fold, calling is meh, which leaves you with a shove, you can't spend your life worrying about sets in 3 bet pots and an overpair like 10-jj you have fold equity against and even if they call you are flipping with tons of dead money in there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      squeeze here is ok i guess (not really in my playbook) even against CO because lets face it even if CO calls A8s is probably ahead of his range anyway Hasenbraten most recent video had a spot like this where he squeezed with A10os arguing that even if the fish calls A10 is ahead of his range.

Personally i think flop is standard, you can't fold, calling is meh, which leaves you with a shove, you can't spend your life worrying about sets in 3 bet pots and an overpair like 10-jj you have fold equity against and even if they call you are flipping with tons of dead money in there.
      +1
      I´m also always hesiteting about calling and shoving my strong draws, but since you were 3-better, then BB would fold there anything other hands, than set and he doesn´t have set there too often.