Who said that AK is profitable ?

• Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      Allright.. imagine you sit at a table, play nl game.. you wait.. and wait and there it is ! AK you raise everybody else folds.. then you wait .. and wait and again everyone folds. then you get another AK you push and loose to AQ.
      ok. you play again.. you wait get AK nothing hapens. waste another few bb..
      And evenetualy you get someone to call your AK and you loose !
      7 times in a row !
      I didnt check yet, but I'm prety sure that I'we lost more than I won with AK.
      Tell me whatever you want but I wont believe in AK profitablity,

you waste your blinds and even when you get a caller - he's going to beat you with any randmo hand, so whats the point waiting for those AK or JJ at all ? what kind of strategy is that ? sss ? Shal i just go and play on a roulete table and put money on black and red ? i think it's going to be easier, quicker, and more profitable ? not ?

now you going to say, downswing.. read some articels,. you got a leek.. yea right
  • 15 replies
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Well.. read some articles.. :D no joke

How many hands did you play ?
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Well this is still a luck based game. Probability plays a factor... there are going to be people that run below average and people that run above average and theres nothing you can really do about it. Also what is your sample size with AK and JJ like less than 100 hands that isnt really alot but you should still be running positive in the long run.. you may lose 7 times in a row but then win like 20 in a row then will you make a post about it and say omg AK is the best hand.. the answer is no you will only remember/flame at all the times you lose.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I lost 2 tournies with AK before, but you can't expect to win with it alll the time. AK is a drawing hand, you're a coinflip against any pocket pair except AA/KK, so that means half the time you will lose against pocket pairs, if you miss the flop against multiple opponents dont think you still have the best hand, its biggest strength is against weaker aces and weaker kings which fish just love to call with.

*edit* just realised you play sss, I think you have to push vs multiple opponents even if you miss, if the pot is so big, I guess that does kinda suck but you'll still get donks calling u with nothing sometimes, or u can get re-suck out on them.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vikshrasss
      now you going to say, downswing.. read some articels,. you got a leek.. yea right
      that's not the right approach into this game, especially at the limits we are playing where money is not big.

btw . I lost a ton of money with aces the first time I moved to nl50 sss , so they must be unprofitable. :rolleyes:
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Dont expect to win every AK you get especially if you miss the flop...Lear to fold undeveloped hands/just an andvice no matter what your holding.
    • Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      well last 5k hands I lost half of my bankroll, what can I do if I'm the unlucky one and maybie I'm not gonna have enough money for A LONG TERM ?

Ahiz19 I play exactly what SSS says.. so I'm not going to fold AK preflop most of the time. And yes I'm going to fold every single AK JJ if I dont hit the flop from now on.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Go to a coaching. The coach will show you when it is more profitable to fold and when not.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      And see the SSS equity video and learn when to play that AK and when not to! If there's a UTG raise fold it, if you miss flop and you're vs many opponents fold it. Is it that hard?
    • Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      well i have at least 2 coachings a week, I saw all NL10 NL25 SSS videos, i'we read and reread all articles up to silver. I'we got equalator and know hot to use it. And I'm playing strict by SSS
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      AK is another iffy hand like JJ. But remember. Against most pocket pairs (except AA and KK) you have 6 outs, and 5 attempts at hitting these 6 outs. The math says you should hit a lot of the times. Im not exactly sure but i think it is above 50%. Most times playing SSS you will come across lower pocket pairs and lower Aces (AQ, AJ...) Now if you think about it, in the long run it will be profitable.

Just a question though, do you play with Stats? There are times when you can fold AK, JJ and so on.

Good Luck at the tables

-Jack
    • Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      got my hud working yesterday,.. yea they help a bit
    • Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      ........ never mind AK and JJ.. start loosing with AA KK QQ :) )) its ok.. just a downswing..
    • pokertalent
      pokertalent
      Bronze
      ..wouldnt the game be boring if the player who holds AK wins every time?
    • cobby
      cobby
      Silver
      yeah, you seem to learn fast. I realized that not until 2 years of struggle and pain. Since I'm folding AK and started raising my 64o for pure value (awesome hand btw ... you flop the two pair more often than you think!) i own my opponents!
      And as OP said, downswing... blablabla ... It's not an upswing, it's a fact. Try it yourself moronz if you dont believe me or keep playing AK and ship me the money!
    • geoylove
      geoylove
      Bronze
      Play 50k hands and after that come back here and tell us if AK if not profitable.