Movie Trailers Suck!

• kamojett
      kamojett
      Bronze
      I didn't really want to post this here but I looked all over for movie forums and I just couldn't find one I liked. So is there anyone out there that hates movie trailers? Do you know any good movie forums where I could discuss this?

Why do I hate movie trailers? A good example would be the trailer for "The Italian Job". Not only does this trailer give away the best parts of the movie it gives away the whole movie. The trailer was made by idiots and I want to tell someone. I want trailers to stop ruining my movie experience. And here's the link for the trailer Worst ever trailer. What part of this movie does this trailer not give away. I never saw the movie and i could tell you the whole story from beginning to end. Significant quote from the trailer: "You just blew the best thing you had going for you. You just blew the element of surprise." -Edward Norton Yeah I guess the guy that made the trailer missed that one!

An example of a good movie trailer that doesn't give away too much... the trailer for "Predator". Now that's a good trailer. And ...the [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-d8-t3W6Ac]Predator Trailer[/URL]. As it turns out the trailer I was looking for doesn't seem to be available on UTube. This one's not bad but I couldn't find the one that is included on the DVD. On the DVD the trailer never shows the alien/predator.

Anyway... I wish I could get a job making movie trailers cuz I guess you just need a micro brain to do that job. You just pick out all the best parts of the movie, put them in a two minute sequence and you make tons of money as if you're some kind of artist. You could pay me 50K or 60K a year not knowing anything about the movie industry and I could blow away any of the pinheads making trailers in Hollywood today.

So what do you call the guy that makes the trailers? The Executive Producer's nephew? The no talent wanna be movie maker? Seriously is there anyone out there making trailers that has any talent at all?
  • 8 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Sorry for the slightly off topic response kamojett... but knowing they were remaking "The Italian Job" and that it starred Mark Wahlberg was all I needed to know that the movie was ruined.

Hold on lads, I've got a brilliant idea....
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      The quality of movies in general has dropped a lot in the last few years, and worse movies = worse trailers. It seems that whenever I see a trailer and then see the movie, the only good bits of the movie were the bits in the trailer.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xponentx
      The quality of movies in general has dropped a lot in the last few years
      +1

I don't care much about trailers, but lately everytime I go to the movies is a bad beat.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Silver
      It seems that whenever I see a trailer and then see the movie, the only good bits of the movie were the bits in the trailer.

That is the point of trailers you get to see all the good stuff in the movie in 2mins movie is 120mins of nothing and u bought a ticket to see it in the cinema and the box office is satisfied:) + 20 million people :)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbFuNQwTbs

I like this trailer :)
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      The quality of movies in general has dropped a lot in the last few years, and worse movies = worse trailers. It seems that whenever I see a trailer and then see the movie, the only good bits of the movie were the bits in the trailer.
      American films,maybe

Korea/Japan/Germany/Spain plenty of good films recently have come from these Countries,subtitles & lack of big names put your average film goers off
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      The trailers suck because about 90% of what they release now is garbage, 8% is remakes and 2% is decent movies. Last movie I went to a theater to watch was about 8 years ago.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      The quality of movies in general has dropped a lot in the last few years, and worse movies = worse trailers.
      I agree. This the main reason why I don't watch movies in general (as for TV, I haven't watched TV in 5 years already) because they are a risky time investment - what if the movie is crappy? Then you just lost 2 hours of your life.