My Downswing due to stupidity

• SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Well, I'm fairly new to the poker community, was doing great... Had turned my $50 initial capital into $300 and was well on the way to success! But thats where the glory story stops.. haha

In the last 3 days I've donked off over $220, some of it on absolutely horrible beats, some of it from being tilt, some of it from being impatient and calling/betting with marginal hands, others just from complete stupidity knowing im pretty sure im beat, yet paying the guy off just to see.

So needless to say, its back to the basics for me!

I'll let you know how my play goes, and post up some hands that are worthy of posting
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      As long as you are willing to learn from your own mistakes you'll be fine sooner or later. :)
      GL
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Thanks man. Definitely willing to learn from my mistakes.. dont even need to go over my analysis, I know what I did wrong. Changing it is the hard part.. haha
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Heh yeah ... been there with bigger numbers a good year ago ... here's the thing tho I'd still make the analysis. If for no other reason to figure out what kind of emotions I felt and to try figure out how to stop them from influencing my game again. Do it while the memory of it is still fresh, I'm pretty sure that's gonna help u avoid big downswings in the future!