how to combat ignorent, lucky players

• wobbletones
      wobbletones
      Bronze
      Hi i'd like to find out what im doing wrong if anything,

i play on titan poker, and so far today, this has happened, first hand, i have QQ i raise standard 4 blinds and get re-raised, so as per stratergy i go all in , was called with 9 2 then flop comes 992, i lose, then get AA raise in front of me so i again all in and the raiser has pocket 2's, and on the river the 2 comes, it happen 4 times in a row that i get rivered, i follow the strategy to the t, if i raise i genrally dont get a call, and when i do get called its by a rediculous hand and get rivered, it has happened about 13 times in the last to day and my bankroll has shrunk and i had to drop down a level and it is still happening, how do i combat this, because it getting very frustrating getting rivered every time you play and are way out in front, and watching your brank roll shrink because idiot poker players who get lucky all the time

thanks wobbletones
  • 7 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Story time:

Once upon a time there were two bulls sitting on top of a hill...a young bull full of energy, and an older wiser bull.

Overlooking the herd of cows in the field, the younger bull says to the older bull...

"Lets race down this hill and take one of them cows in the field. What do you say?"

The older wiser bull looks at his young apprentice, and says

"Lets WALK down the hill...and take them ALL!"

Patience.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You play SSS right? Well SSS is swingy thing, but just stick to the strategy and things will turn around as long as you practice correct bankroll management and play according to the strategy.
      I know it's frustrating, but that's poker. :)
    • wobbletones
      wobbletones
      Bronze
      thanks, i was actually quoted that story a bit back and it helped there and it brought about a calm over me
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Nothing more frustrating than watching your hard earned winnings move towards a donkey, but it happens.

Hang in there. From what I see, you didn't do anything I would call wrong.
    • Quexacoatl
      Quexacoatl
      Bronze
      you should avoid caring about whether you have won or not.
      the most important thing is you played your best.

best thing to do is stay on your A game and wait for the money to come back

also i don't understand that story T_T

first post ;) ;)
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Quexacoatl
      also i don't understand that story T_T

first post ;) ;)
      Read it again...slowly.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black