PT3 clustering datebase

• Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      Hi, I had just imported almost 1500k hands and it took over 12 hours. Now datebase clustering is running for 3 hours and i'm wondering how long will I have to wait again, for clustering to be acomplished. How long could vacuum, analyze and update cache take?
  • 7 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Once I was importing like 50K hands and it took like half an hour to complete the houskeeping. Hopefully this won't take 300x that long, though.. :D
      Also this depends a lot on what hardware you have.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      My PT is slow as hell, Ive never managed to complete updating cache yet. :P have waited hours on end..
      Holdem manager next for me ;)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Holdem manager next for me ;)
      HEM uses postgresql as well. :D

For the clustering make sure you have enough hard drive space free. Postgres makes a completely copy of the database while clustering and if you run out of space it will basically never complete. (I'm not sure what it does internally, but you won't be able to wait on it to finish to say the least.)
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Once I was importing like 50K hands and it took like half an hour to complete the houskeeping. Hopefully this won't take 300x that long, though.. :D
      Also this depends a lot on what hardware you have.
      30x only. so I will probably have to leave my pc on whole night, coz it may take more than 15 hours and its almost 7 atm...
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      depends alot on how fast your computer is. I have a pc which did the same housekeeping as my laptop about an hour quicker.

I would basically recommend doing it as often as possible or overnight.
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      Will I have to do vacuum and analyze after clustering is finished? How long will it take, coz i read its much faster than clustering. What can you say about that? :D
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I think it really is much faster but if clustering took you like 20 hours or something it might still take a while. I still suggest you do that. Your PT should run a bit quicker after that..