[NL2-NL10] NL2, K5s, FD + Top pair weak kicker on SB

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Need some advice here :]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($2.13)
      BB ($10.56)
      UTG ($0.90)
      MP1 ($0.55)
      MP2 ($2.87)
      CO ($5.31)
      Button ($2.92)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 5
      1 fold, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Button calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.08) 9, J, K (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.06, Button calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.26) 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks

River: ($0.26) 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, MP1 calls $0.19, Button raises to $2.84 (All-In), Hero calls $1.86 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.28 (All-In)

Total pot: $4.83 | Rake: $0.20
  • 8 replies
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Pre-Flop: I think im probably letting this one go but its marginal and a complete isnt too bad with two limpers.

Flop: Fine

Turn: Why check? no need to slow play or wory about the higher flush, bet for value and a little protection against the ace of hearts in case another heart comes on the river. I'm betting about $0.2

River: I think betting the turn avoids this situation as he senses weakness by your check and trys to steal so i would have continued to bet the river if the turn was called with another 2/3 or 3/4 pot bet. As played i think im going broke here because all thats beating you is Ax of hearts and this would have bet the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: It's marginal but it's possible to complete, depending on your style.
      Flop: You could also bet pot.
      Turn: Bet again pot, you have to extract value!
      River: Now you should have the pot big enough to just Bet pot again and Call the shove very easily.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      could i ask, what would our line be in this situation if we bet pot and got raised on the flop, or even the turn?

i find when i meet resistance is one of my biggest leaks !!!
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      on the turn we move as it is the same as now on the river... getting raised on the flop is another thing... i would probably just let it go if the raise is very big - e.g. half of my stack, or even more as i assume my hand is only good if i catch the missing heart --> pot odds fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Joshquan
      could i ask, what would our line be in this situation if we bet pot and got raised on the flop, or even the turn?

i find when i meet resistance is one of my biggest leaks !!!
      We could just reraise him because we have the nuts, TP plus flushdraw but just Calling ain't wrong. If we get raised on turn then we are going broke, we really can't fold 2nd nuts, maybe only with very good reads.
    • Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Just to say, my opponent had the nut flush :]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Firehoper
      Just to say, my opponent had the nut flush :]
      That happens, nothing to do. Same as you hit a set on flop and opponent has a better set. You will very good reads to fold such hand. So don't worry about the lose, you will be okey in long run.
    • Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      True, thats poker :] . To be honest that pot didnt make me nervous at all, I just could not fold second nuts without super-accurate reads. I created this topic to find out what could i do better preflop, on the flop and turn, and you guys explained it. Ty guys ;]