This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ after 2 raises

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.75
      UTG2:
      $4.90
      CO:
      $28.85
      BU:
      $41.15

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BU raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), BB folds, UTG2 raises to $4.90 (All-In), CO folds, BU calls $0.90.
      Was it correct to go all in? As dumb as the question seems I did some calculations later and QQ is far behind the UTG2 raising range. Given the second raise I really think it was a mistake to go all in.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Both lines are fine actually, you can go broke here but myself I would prefer to fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I don't think you have near enough history with either opponent to determine what their raising ranges would be. 37 hands with UTG2, 13 each for CO & BU, really not enough to make an estimate based on the stats. In saying that though, considering the re raise, I don't think either a fold or push is wrong here.

btw, mishkagg...checked your mail lately?
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      which mail, str2ace?
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      sent you a message awhile ago about Cam**ia...if you go to your profile home, you should see I sent you an invite with a question on it.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      According to basic strategy(not enough hand history to use stats) QQ is a fold against raise and reraise. As addition, tight shortstacked player(UTG2) could be PS.com SSS player raising from UTG meaning you can probably raise +EV only KK+ against him. So, I would fold, but nevertheless with so much money on the table going broke shouldn't be far from wrong either.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I just muck it even though it are 2 ladies based on
      1) a Shortie's openraise range on UTG (AK+,JJ+)
      2) You see 2 raises infront -> basic sss tells you to fold

- Gerv