Do pokerrooms often change the rules in the middle of promotions?

• Dyden
      Dyden
      Bronze
      Hey,

I'm still kind of new to the whole poker thing, I want to know if the following kind of stuff happens alot:

If you play on Partypoker, you'll have noticed that have a promotion called Gladiator, where you have to get a certain amount of Party Points (PP) each day to qualify for some cash. This promotion started on April 1st and runs till April 25th.

Before today, if you played 270 ish raked hands on 0.05/0.1 FL, you'd have 10 PP.
      You can see more details here.

Today, in the middle of their promotion, they changed the amount of raked to double what it was, according to this page: clicky.

Does this kind of stuff happen a lot in online poker? In my opinion, this is really dishonest. It's like changing the rules of a game after you've already started. I will be withdrawing my BR from PP at the earliest opportunity.

What do you guys think?

-Dy
  • 1 reply
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      You're right it is dishonest. I've recently deposited to a Merge poker room with a generous deposit bonus, but guess what - they changed their points system and I would have had to spend 5x more money on rake to get the same bonus. So it does happen every once in a while, but there is pretty much nothing you can do about it.