Need anger management...

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Usually, I'm not the one to complain about losses, but I don't know what to do and this might me feel a little better. For three days now I've been playing $25+2 double-up SnG's on Cake, and EVERY MOTHERF*CKING TIME I lost, regardless of relative strength of my hand. Either opponent has a better hand, or I lose to a runner-runner flush. Always, always something like this. Every single time. Today alone I've lost over $130 in an attempt to recover my losses or just make some profit in general. Nothing. I did everything right, and this amount of bad luck is hard to even believe in, let alone handle. I'll play another session today, this can't continue for 3 straight days in a row. If it does, however, I'm done playing this format, had enough of this bs.

Doing push-ups right now to get it out of my system. Planning on getting drunk and going out if tonight's session won't give me a serious profit.
  • 79 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      I'll play another session today, this can't continue for 3 straight days in a row. If it does, however, I'm done playing this format, had enough of this bs.
      Wanna bet??

Your worst session EVER STILL hasn't happened. Sooner or later, you're going to hit a downswing that will make the last three days look like a vacation in Hawaii.

I can relate to your current frame of mind though, I think everyone can. But it sounds like you have avenues to vent (pushups, going out, getting drunk), which is what you need to do to take your mind off the game for abit. Nothing wrong with taking time away from the tables to regroup either.
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      10 10 vs 86 :)

I raised, guy thought I have nothing so he moved all in preflop.
      Result: straight

KK vs Q6 while guy has 6 on the flop we went all in both. Turn Q, river 6
      Result: fullhouse

:) :) :)

I could continue. I used to tilt cause of this but now ? I just start another table :heart: :D
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      No booze or drugs for me tonight. Session went decently: I was down $330, now only $250. Still more than I can afford to be down, so I'll continue. Any more bad runs and I'm not touching double-ups until I've won everything back.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Alright, I've limited the losses to "just" $200, still I see no reason to continue playing DoN's on higher limits because regular SnG's are much more profitable for me, the variance is higher and the format is only available in "turbo" mode (5min blinds). Regular SnG's are generally not very popular on Cake, so I'll stick to cash games and play SnG's on other sites. Still a bit mad because I lost money playing this, I'll blow off some steam watching a movie and gaming a little. Thanks for the replies though.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Since I already made this thread, I won't bother people with a new one for the same purpose, namely bitching. Played the Daily $10k guaranteed on Cake today. Can't say I'm dissatisfied, got $175 back for the $55 I bought myself in with, but that doesn't compensate my $300 downswing of last 2 weeks, and I stood 2nd in chips for a long time until I lost a coinflip with my QQ vs. some horribly misplayed AK that hit an ace on the turn, leaving me crippled. I did my very best, picking all the possible spots to get some precious chips and try to somehow make a comeback. All in vain.

Time after time I either got sucked out on (A2 vs. AK, he hits his 2, QQ vs. KT, straight of course) or coolers/lost coinflips. Finally I was 12th with about 9 big blinds left, and I get 99. I push, and the table's only real big stack calls with QQ. Goodbye 3 hours of play. Well, I cashed, but I could have cashed for over $1500 if I held on to my place. Granted, I did suck out with KJ vs. AA once, and won a flip as well, but I'd rather just have the best hand to win than to cope with tourney variance.

How do people play MTTs?! The amount of luck required to cash in one, let alone win, is astounding, I built a large stack in the beginning because of 2 very big hands (both blind battles where opponent made stupid bluff and I called), and a double-up with KK in the very beginning. But how often do those spots appear for you to get your money in? I was lucky to even have cashed. I think I'll just stick to cash games, this hasn't been the best experience ever.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Since I already made this thread, I won't bother people with a new one for the same purpose, namely bitching. Played the Daily $10k guaranteed on Cake today. Can't say I'm dissatisfied, got $175 back for the $55 I bought myself in with, but that doesn't compensate my $300 downswing of last 2 weeks, and I stood 2nd in chips for a long time until I lost a coinflip with my QQ vs. some horribly misplayed AK that hit an ace on the turn, leaving me crippled. I did my very best, picking all the possible spots to get some precious chips and try to somehow make a comeback. All in vain.

Time after time I either got sucked out on (A2 vs. AK, he hits his 2, QQ vs. KT, straight of course) or coolers/lost coinflips. Finally I was 12th with about 9 big blinds left, and I get 99. I push, and the table's only real big stack calls with QQ. Goodbye 3 hours of play. Well, I cashed, but I could have cashed for over $1500 if I held on to my place. Granted, I did suck out with KJ vs. AA once, and won a flip as well, but I'd rather just have the best hand to win than to cope with tourney variance.

How do people play MTTs?! The amount of luck required to cash in one, let alone win, is astounding, I built a large stack in the beginning because of 2 very big hands (both blind battles where opponent made stupid bluff and I called), and a double-up with KK in the very beginning. But how often do those spots appear for you to get your money in? I was lucky to even have cashed. I think I'll just stick to cash games, this hasn't been the best experience ever.
      well that's why you play MTTs with 100-200BI BRM :) . that way you sooner or later get the luck to make you profit and sometimes move up a limit :) .
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      How do people play MTTs?! The amount of luck required to cash in one, let alone win, is astounding, But how often do those spots appear for you to get your money in?
      MTTs require large sample sizes and most players play an aggresive style [not just playing their cards but their opponents] that will either give them a big stack to bully others with and which will let them reach the final table or bust out early. Also the cashes at the top 3 spots make up for not cashing in MTTs regularly.. you should ask the MTT coach about this.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I'll play another session today, this can't continue for 3 straight days in a row.
      Are you sure with that?

If you're right, wtf is this:

:rolleyes:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by STR82ACEI can relate to your current frame of mind though, I think everyone can. But it sounds like you have avenues to vent (pushups, going out, getting drunk), which is what you need to do to take your mind off the game for abit. Nothing wrong with taking time away from the tables to regroup either.
      You forgot to include getting laid.
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      I'll play another session today, this can't continue for 3 straight days in a row.
      Are you sure with that?

If you're right, wtf is this:

:rolleyes:

lol this is nothing. My whole April month is made of negative sessions... not a single one positive :(
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      ^^ similar for me, my april started off with zero real winning days up until this saturday or something, and that after 2 weeks of downswing at the end of march. you can't complain after winning on the 2nd of april :D
    • merijna
      merijna
      Bronze
      Where can you find that thing with an overview of how you went up or down?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      you can't complain after winning on the 2nd of april :D
      Atm, there're more days I should complain about.. Did you somehow miss that losing $3,171.89 is not the same as winning $673.11? ;)

Originally posted by merijna
      Where can you find that thing with an overview of how you went up or down?
      Hi meijna;
      you need to download & install some tracking software to get those info. Those I posted are from PokerTracker3 (www.pokertracker.com), but I'd advise you to use PokerStrategy Elephant instead (more info about trial version and download link can be found here).
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Just keep your head straight and play your A-Game. Sooner or later you'll defenitely make more money than you lost...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze

always look on the bright side of life...
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by Primzi

always look on the bright side of life...
      That one is quite sick :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by opal99
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      you can't complain after winning on the 2nd of april :D
      Atm, there're more days I should complain about.. Did you somehow miss that losing $3,171.89 is not the same as winning $673.11? ;)
      no, i didn't :)
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Berzerger read the psychology articles. No offence but all your whining is a clear sign you need a rest. Go out and do other things for 3-4 days. You're just hurting your br with that attitude. Take a rest and then decide what will you do next. Rereading the articles won't hurt - one sentence from basic psychology articles"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day; but he that is in battle slain, will never riso to fight again." Nice thought for all of us.

Good luck!