How Can Stars Beat My FT Rakeback?

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I am kind of new to stars and I love the software (even if it doesn't let me go to the settings etc. without crashing and the tech guys have no clue as to why lol) but my real question is this....

How can I benefit from using stars when I get 27% rakeback at FT.... I've already noticed at the micro limits the rake is less than FT and the traffic on Stars is at least double.... But really?
  • 8 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      REALLY

No... Really! :)
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      I think it is because you can use pokerstars FPPs to buy bonus $ and FTP points are not really that usefull. When you get higher pokerstars VIP rank, you collect much more points and can use them to buy even more bonus$ .
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's pretty much it. If you get a higher VIP status, you'll earn enough points to bonuses that match a rakeback offer.
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      if you are ultra imba iron man on ftp, you earn tons of medals = bonus cash
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Stars - more players, more moniezz, more tables to multitable on. Also SNE (about 70% rakeback -at least so I have heard).
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      From what I know the rake on PS is more than 27% less than FT. That being said at low limits you will recieve hardly any FPPs and it might be worth it to stay at FTP until you have enough BR to play at .5/1 and up.

That being said I play at PS playing FL .25/.5 and I already see some FPPs over a small sample size i'm getting about 4 FPPs/100 Hands. Also when you get to the higher stars levels you start to get rakeback through bonuses you can buy with your FPPs that goes along side the lower rake.

The good thing about this is spending your points doesn't effect your rakeback like it does at other sites. So basically your getting the best of both worlds. Lower rake and bonuses at higher levels.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks for all your replies, I think I get it now ;)
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      play on ftp untill you get to high lvls then move to stars coz stars>all when sne