Change platforms

• whiteprez
      whiteprez
      Global
      Hi ! I'm new one here and i passed the quiz yesterday and signed for 50$ @ partypoker, but I decided to change platform to PokerStars. Could I get my starting capital to PokerStars not to PartyPoker ?
  • 8 replies
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hi whiteprez,

Once you have chosen a platform for your starting capital I don't think there's a way to change that.

However you can just grind out the bonus (playing to release the bonus) on PartyPoker and then move to PokerStars, as long as you sign up to Pokerstars using the PokerStrategy bonus code. Then you will still make Strategy Points on Pokerstars.

You can find the formula here.

Alternatively you can just sign up to Pokerstars using the formula above and deposit your own money and start playing there right away.

Kind regards,
      Kimber88
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello whiteprez,

It looks like your transfer to PartyPoker has already been initialized so I doubt it will be possible to switch the rooms, but I'm sure the support will be able to tell you more.

That means you will either have to clear the bonus on Party and then move the money to Stars later - or directly deposit at Stars to play there :/

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Hello. This is my first post on this forum and I want to congratulate PokerStrategy for what they have done.

I like it very much.

Also I like poker a lot - and I like to learn. I'm playing for almost 2 months now. Limit and No Limit hold'em. I had my first poker acount opened for real money a year ago, but lost it all (10$), meantime I played a lot of freerolls. And 2 months ago I started again, and won over 500$.

I wanted to create a new topic, but this is similar to what I had in mind, so I will write here my question.

First of all. I opened a acount here a week ago and got the bonus on Pacific Poker - I tought I would like the platform and would enjoy playing there. But I don't (It's hard to go around; the grafics are messy (i mean that are hard to understand at first sight and you need to do a lot of concetration); and not many tables to play at. This is of course only my opinion, after going around for 5 minutes and playing 4 hands total.)

I also have acounts opened at Full Tilt, Titan Poker and Party Poker. I only play at Party Poker, I like it there. (It's easy to use, lots of tables to play at and friendly to the eye)

My question is: Can I subscribe to the program (1 party point - 1,5 ps points) at Party Poker? I'm not intereseted in the bonus, but in the program.

I realy like what you are doing and want to get access to more advanced material - and be invited to black member only partys :)

Thanks
      and
      Cheers
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Gabinr1 and welcome to the site ;)

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying PacificPoker, although I do agree that the software is not the most user friendly in the world. It is however very very fishy there :)

On your question; you can receive StrategyPoints by playing at any poker room at which you signed up at through our bonus code (or download link). If you had a previous account there you can for the most part not receive points at that site. PartyPoker, Full Tilt and Titan Poker do not allow you to retrack.

What is possible though is to create new accounts at other Partner rooms of ours. You could then e.g. transfer money from Pacific Poker (if you clear the bonus there) to such a room. You can find the complete overview here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

If you like PartyPoker I can recommend PokerStars. It is also very friendly to the eye and has a large selection of tables. The same goes for Mansion Poker (which is on the same network as Titan)

Just check out the Poker room section and have a look around :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • merijna
      merijna
      Bronze
      And how exactly can I sign up my Pokerstars (or other platforms) accounts on Pokerstrategy?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by merijna
      And how exactly can I sign up my Pokerstars (or other platforms) accounts on Pokerstrategy?
      Hello merijna,

As I stated in my above post, you can only sign up accounts that you created with our bonus codes. That means if you don't yet have an account at a partner site you want to sign up at you go either here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/ and click on the room, followed by the installation instructions or go directly to the guide using the list on the "home page".

Once you have created the account you simply enter it in the appropriate box in the guide, or in the your profile: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/profile/

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Thank you SoyCD, that's just what I'll do. After I will get the bonuses I will transfer it to PokerStars.

Anyway

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying PacificPoker, although I do agree that the software is not the most user friendly in the world. It is however very very fishy there smile
      I'm starting to like it there, I got used to the platform a little bit. And you're right about the fishy part - i raise "all in" and they call with nothing :) . I played yesterday for a couple of hours (I will play more intensely the days to come) and I made 21$, at the lowest limit (NL2c).

I'm waiting to have 180$ total to go up a limit (NL6c). Wich by this rate of winnings, I'll be there in no time :) .

I still have 2 questions.
      1. This is just to be sure - I saw that the code from Poker Stars room is diferent from the others (stars50)(all other codes have "PS" in front, from Poker Strategy I guess, this does not) - Is this surely the code to enter when I install and create the account?

2. I brought 3 friends to the website, with the Tell A Friend program - one passed the test and I think it's waiting for the money. When I will get the 100$, can I open my account at PokerStars with them?

Thanks
      and
      Cheers

edit: I looked once more at the TAF page. I missunderstood how the bonus is given. I will get the full 100$ when the friend makes 5000 points. So the second question it's a bit out of the place.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Gabinr1,

Good to hear you are getting used to the site and making good profit there :) I think if one can deal with the software its really the easiest place to build a bankroll with tight aggressive play. I played on NL50 and NL100 there and the level of play compares to NL10 on other sites. As such I don't even want to know how bad the lowest stakes are (although considering some of the players there are probably from PokerStrategy.com - they might even be better than the fish on the higher stakes :D )

For PokerStars, the most important thing is the marketingcode (and the download link). So using the pokerstrategy.com-reveng marketing code as described in the download guide: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars/download

Afterwards Stars50 is the correct code.

The TAF money will first go to your promotion account on this website. You can then pay it out to either Party, Titan, Mansion or Full Tilt. If one of your accounts on those sites is cleared for withdrawal and you have a moneybookers or neteller account (something I highly recommend getting) you can then easily transfer it to the room of your choice (e.g. PokerStars).

Best regards
      SoyCD