$2+0.25 S&G's at FT...is this standard or can you notice any leaks?

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Ok,

I moves over to S&G's from cash games last week because iv slowley been getting intrested in them more and more. Whilst playing cash games i was a winning player at NL25 & NL50.

I'm currently playing the $2+0.25 S&G's because i feel i should get used to the change in style befire jumping into $10 or $20 S&G's.

Below are my winning for the week and my graph (as you will notice the end of the week get pritty bad...lots of bubbles, 3rds etc, im just wondering if everything you see is standard varriance or not?) also what do you make of my stats?

Many thanks.

• 8 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Erm...for some reasson i carnt save my stats per blind levle, position or winnings per day as a picture file. It only wants to save as a word or excel (csv) file, does anyone know why or how to resolve this?

Many thanks.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi,

it's a bit hard to notice any leaks when you don't give us any information about how you play.. :D
      Anyway, if you are a decent BSS player you should have more than enough postflop skill to be winning even at midstakes if you also learn ICM. So this is what you should work on now, IMO. Download the ICM trainer and start training. You should aim for at least 95% every time on pretty much any setting (except heads up since ICM is not that great for heads up IMO).

To post the other stats just use the print screen feature (there's a key on the keyboard) and then press ctr+v in any graphics program. MS Paint will do.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Ok thanks for the point in the right direction, i'll download tthe ICM straight away. What is the diffrence between ICM and ICM light? can you practice the bubble both SS and BS?

As for my leaks...lol...after your heplfull leasson iv managed to upload my stats :) ...found below:

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Eairly stages i play tight only playing top hands folding dominated hands out of posistion.

As the blinds go up i lossen up a bit and steal blinds when i need to.

If i have a big stack when theres 5 or 4 left i'll sit back unless i have a big hand. If im SS i'll be looking to get my chips in the middle as 3rd isnt good enough...top 2 spots are my aim.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Try ICM trainer light first. You will be done with it in like half an hour but it will sort of show you some model situation and you won't be as lost when you start with the full version of the ICM trainer..

You can and you have to practice both BS and SS play in all kinds of situations in the push or fold stage. That's what the ICM trainer is for.

In the early stages play like the SNG starting hands chart says except most players raise AQ from any position. On the flop top pair top kicker is the nuts and you should be more than happy to go broke with it. Then I usually sit tigh untill I have 10 BBs or less and then start push-folding.

I will take a look at the stats later if you want me to.. Gotta go now..
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Try ICM trainer light first. You will be done with it in like half an hour but it will sort of show you some model situation and you won't be as lost when you start with the full version of the ICM trainer..

You can and you have to practice both BS and SS play in all kinds of situations in the push or fold stage. That's what the ICM trainer is for.

In the early stages play like the SNG starting hands chart says except most players raise AQ from any position. On the flop top pair top kicker is the nuts and you should be more than happy to go broke with it. Then I usually sit tigh untill I have 10 BBs or less and then start push-folding.

I will take a look at the stats later if you want me to.. Gotta go now..
      Ok, sounds like ICM is going to help alot :D

And yes please, if you could spare sometime to look at my stats when you can that would be great.

Many thanks
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      My stats are VPIP 14, PFR 11. But yours look solid, too. Also your ITM is pretty high still even after running bad for the past two days. I have ITM of around 42% and I think my bubble play is pretty good especially compared to someone who just switched from cash games. So I think you can expect to drop even under 40% before you really master the ICM. But then again you're playing a lower limit which probably also means a bit worse players so it might not be as bad.
      Also lots of third place finishes.

I guess you should just start with the ICM and you should do just fine. You won't be making big money on 2$ SNGs it's all about learning for you now and you seem to be on the right track, too.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Thank you for your review and help :D

I know i wont be making any real money on the $2, as i said im origional posy im playing the $2 to get used to S&G's fully before going for the $10 and $20 buy-in S&Gs.

Im of to get some lunch and after that i'll be starting with the ICM.

Many thanks