[NL2-NL10] NL5, KK on dangeous board.

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Pretty sick hand, need some tips here also :]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP2) ($5)
      MP3 ($5.57)
      CO ($2)
      Button ($2.96)
      SB ($3.66)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($10.70)
      MP1 ($15.48)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) J, A, 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.42) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

River: ($6.42) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80 (All-In), BB calls $1.80

Total pot: $10.02 | Rake: $0.45
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: I think you can very often fold here because of the Ace, it looks like he wants to protect his Ace from flushdraw. If you have seen him betting in similar way with flushdraw or some other draw then it's okey to raise but I rather prefer to fold. Also sometimes you can just Call because of K :diamond: and see his actions on turn if you think he could be bluffing.

As played
      Turn: OK.
      River: OK.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      True, i usualy fold in this kind of situations too, but this one was an exception. I had a pretty good run of cards on that table, raising and c-betting, so I thought he is trying to buy the pot on the flop with that bet. So I raised with intention to look where I am really at. He called after a lot of hesitate, looked like he had a weak ace, so I was going to slow down, but when the K came, obviously the situation has changed. He Had ATo.

Thanks for your review ;]
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      I know the feeling when someone donks into you lyk this, i think i would either fold or try some sort of float play (which im not sure on yet but havge been trying to implement) by calling the flop in postion and seeing how he reacts on the turn, if he bets again you can expect to be beat but if he checks it to you most likely he was trying to steel and you can take it down. but agian folding isnt bad either