Help please... NL20 SH is a nightmare

• 8 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      My first response would be.... Don't play SH. But I've never liked it. :)

Do you review your sessions?
      Do you use your HUD?
      Do you take notes on your opposition?

Could this just be a downswing? As to be honest the little difference between stats shows you are playing a pretty solid game.
      Move down play another 10k hand at NL10 make yourself a bit of profit and then move up feeling confident in yourself again?

Then move up if you are still beating them at NL10, maybe next time you move up the stakes you'll be on an upswing and you'll breeze through it and wonder what the hell was so hard last time.

Good luck, hope you are already at the tables beating this level,

D
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      How many tables do you play?

To me it looks like you are to nitty with 15/11. I guess it could work, but you are probably missing out on a few hands. I play 18,2/16,7 on NL10, and Im doing 12,5bb/100 over almost 18.000 hands. Whats your range for the different positions?

Also, are you winning or loosing money in the blinds?

Lets start there. :)
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      as far what i do when i climbe the limits, i play more concervative, just trying to see about 50-100 hands how ppl play, what bets do they do, with what hands. Try to get used to the bet sizes etc. Plus i wouldnt start playing the same amount of tables as last limit (example nl10 - 6tables, nl20-2 or 4 for start)
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well,your NL10 stats arent too good either, but lets focus on the NL20s.

Way too nitty tbh, 15/11 with only 16% steal,that could indicate no positional awareness, and almost 90% fold bb to steal - waay too much.I dont see a 3bet stat,and fold to 3bet, as those are vital.Also your W$@SD combined with your lowish WTSD compaied to the VPIP indicates some kind of a downswing.

But stats dont all that much ,its the postflop play that matters.Your postflop stats are OK,kinda lowish given your nitty PF, but in the range of normal, so I guess you have some leaks regarding certain hands, post more hands in the evaluation forums.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You can start by opening and restealing (!!) more. Just watch the vids here, there are so many on nl25 SH! Use it, note down what hands they raise that you don't and start raising them. If you don't feel comfortable playing them postflop, then drop down to nl10 and practice ;)

Btw I don't get how you can play 24/9 on NL10 and win :rolleyes: I usually target that kind of stats as fish ;)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Those are stats from Cake right?

Lol 24/9 at NL10 lmao how you managed that over 30k hands :D

Ok now lets be serious. Cake is small and is damn strange network having like in prime time 25 SH full tables at low limits so imagine you want to play at CET16.00 on tuesday lets say? You have 10 tables yes but from those are like 8 with VPIP 15-25% average pot 0,8$ and two good ones at evening is a bit better but not at NL20. I want to play NL20 at Cake but wtf playing on tables with VPIP around 20% and average pot half normal size(compared to other networks) make it pain in the ass playing. Sure if tabels are tight you get maniak(loosen up) but thats just not my style since than i make so many bad call downs :(

Anyway Dragar as it looks you cleared bonus there so move on other site and work on your game and you should have better outcome.

Btw i play on NL10 around 17,5/12,5/4(can not tell exact cause 70k hands is on Cake which i can not check out ;( ) over 100k hands 10BB/100 so is possible making money fongie even with "bad" stats.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      You can start by opening and restealing (!!) more. Just watch the vids here, there are so many on nl25 SH! Use it, note down what hands they raise that you don't and start raising them. If you don't feel comfortable playing them postflop, then drop down to nl10 and practice ;)

Btw I don't get how you can play 24/9 on NL10 and win :rolleyes: I usually target that kind of stats as fish ;)
      Yeah my NL10 stats are fishy... I don't know where they are from to be honest haha.

Ok I do open more and am starting to steal.. so everything runs good and better... then 140$ drop in 3-4 days.

I know I play nitty... I am trying to increase my hand range, but post-flop is bad for me. Turn play is difficult.

Btw I was winning on NL25, its just this limit I cannot beat. Maybe because I play regs constantly or am on a bad run. No clue. I will switch sites at the end of this month and continue NL20 on Ipoker.

I will not move down to NL10 unless I wanna try out new strategies or so.

More stats:

• csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      i think you can't be running too well to play 15/11 and still win less than 50%@SD whilst at the same time your W$wsf is also low.

15/11 whilst not being optimal should still win at NL20 and personally i think 15/11 is better than 24/9 (which is TAG fish stats calling/limping too much), you are getting more fundamentals correct. Anywhere between a 16/13 and a 20/18 should crush NL20 don't need to be any/much looser than that at these limits.

But like others have said watch some videos and start thinking about your game because the way you approach pre-flop right now is not right, pre-flop is much easier to get a good grasp of than post-flop. Just use a starting hand chart to start off with to get an idea of the range of hands you can open, obviously this isn't ideal but once you get used to it you can adapt it to suit your own style and table dynamics etc.