Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      SB:
      $18.35
      Hero:
      $20.85

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.80, 3 folds, SB calls $0.70, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.80) 7:club: , 6:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.80) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB calls $1.30.

River: ($4.40) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.40

Can I bet river 3$ to get him to fold?
  • 5 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      really depends on your read... at this level we find a lot of people who like to check the flush there and go for a big reraise on the river... giving up the betting is fine, bluffing from time to time as well... the 9 of clubs is definetely a good card to bluff
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: Your were PFA so CBet here.
      Turn: Could be a good card to 2nd barrel.
      River: Check/Fold.

As played
      River: Sometimes you can bet out here but it's mostly opponent depending, is he tight or more like calling loose.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      As you raised MP2 you can c-bet this board, if you raised button then no. This is because your perceived range from MP2 is obviously much stronger than from button. In fact this is situation you can often triple barrel (against specific opponents who are thinking about these things) and represent the overpair.

Might be one of those situations where if you bet turn a river bet is mandatory, i don't know though. I often bet here myself but tbh if they fold you had the best hand anyway.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Need stats for hands like this.

Ugly board to c-bet. Would c-bet here 40 to 50% of the time.

As played: If you barrel turn you must barrel river too imo. He can't really call you off lightly when river completes lots of draws.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      As you raised MP2 you can c-bet this board, if you raised button then no. This is because your perceived range from MP2 is obviously much stronger than from button. In fact this is situation you can often triple barrel (against specific opponents who are thinking about these things) and represent the overpair.

Might be one of those situations where if you bet turn a river bet is mandatory, i don't know though. I often bet here myself but tbh if they fold you had the best hand anyway.
      +1
      I´d likely would just check behind, because flushdraw completed and not really sure how often he has there worse hands than Kx, which eh would fold to turn barrel.