Known players:  
      SB:
      $21.10
      MP3:
      $18.55
      Hero:
      $29.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.20) J:spade: , A:heart: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.60) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $7.80, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.60

I don't see him playing like this without having me beat.
  • 8 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i agree... the best thing you can hope for is a split pot, but it is not very likely... i'd played it exactly the same... call the flop and fold on the turn
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      yeah, nh
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Don't cold-call here, raise it up or just fold, you are giving others good odds to Call with worser hands than you have.

As played
      Postflop: OK.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think you played the hand fine.

Veriz you cold call any hands? it seems like you recommend 3-bet or fold everytime.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      3bet or fold to a 5bb openraise vs decent TAG's. Vs fish a call IP is fine.

Flop is ok.

Turnfold fine here too: Villain c-bets flop 3way: must have an Ace. You call, saying you got an Ace too. Turn he bets again which I only see him do with AJ,AQ, AK or better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by csnmf

Veriz you cold call any hands? it seems like you recommend 3-bet or fold everytime.
      Ye, I do but why should I cold-call such hands like AQo what can lead to big mistake on flop. I'd rather Call SC and PP than AQo. I like to be PFA and take a stab at flop and very often take it down.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by csnmf

Ye, I do but why should I cold-call such hands like AQo what can lead to big mistake on flop. I'd rather Call SC and PP than AQo. I like to be PFA and take a stab at flop and very often take it down.
      Normally I would 3-bet, but villain raise is above usual raise.
      Also if I always 3-bet certain hands and always cold-call other hands ppl might notice.. although I might be thinking to far with this for the limit.

If a villain cold calls me IP I can put him on certain hands quiet easily.
      Like I know I goto watch out for PP and drawy boards, A high board sometimes. The rest is pretty much in my favour. However some villains do cold call with hands like AQ from time to time which can get me into a bit of trouble since they outkick me.

Hence cold-calling even with hands like AK, AQ if you know what villain raises from early positions is good sometimes I think
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely call turn, fold to river bet.
      AQ just is too strong there imo.
      And I´d also 3-bet it pf :)