This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH AQ, A high flop. Turn fold

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:  
      SB:
      $21.10
      MP3:
      $18.55
      Hero:
      $29.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.20) J:spade: , A:heart: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.60) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $7.80, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.60

I don't see him playing like this without having me beat.
  • 8 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      i agree... the best thing you can hope for is a split pot, but it is not very likely... i'd played it exactly the same... call the flop and fold on the turn
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      yeah, nh
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Don't cold-call here, raise it up or just fold, you are giving others good odds to Call with worser hands than you have.

As played
      Postflop: OK.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think you played the hand fine.

Veriz you cold call any hands? it seems like you recommend 3-bet or fold everytime.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      3bet or fold to a 5bb openraise vs decent TAG's. Vs fish a call IP is fine.

Flop is ok.

Turnfold fine here too: Villain c-bets flop 3way: must have an Ace. You call, saying you got an Ace too. Turn he bets again which I only see him do with AJ,AQ, AK or better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by csnmf

Veriz you cold call any hands? it seems like you recommend 3-bet or fold everytime.
      Ye, I do but why should I cold-call such hands like AQo what can lead to big mistake on flop. I'd rather Call SC and PP than AQo. I like to be PFA and take a stab at flop and very often take it down.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by csnmf

Ye, I do but why should I cold-call such hands like AQo what can lead to big mistake on flop. I'd rather Call SC and PP than AQo. I like to be PFA and take a stab at flop and very often take it down.
      Normally I would 3-bet, but villain raise is above usual raise.
      Also if I always 3-bet certain hands and always cold-call other hands ppl might notice.. although I might be thinking to far with this for the limit.

If a villain cold calls me IP I can put him on certain hands quiet easily.
      Like I know I goto watch out for PP and drawy boards, A high board sometimes. The rest is pretty much in my favour. However some villains do cold call with hands like AQ from time to time which can get me into a bit of trouble since they outkick me.

Hence cold-calling even with hands like AK, AQ if you know what villain raises from early positions is good sometimes I think
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely call turn, fold to river bet.
      AQ just is too strong there imo.
      And I´d also 3-bet it pf :)