DecMate
      Bronze
      Known players:   
      Hero:
      $10.49
      BU:
      $4.74

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.28, BB folds, BU calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.60) 2:club: , 2:heart: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.48, BU raises to $4.46 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.54

i actually didn't mean to raise first, but i thought oh well this guy is a bad player.
      But what should i do when he pushes all in?
      thanks
  • 5 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i would call here. there are a lot of ways that you have him beat. if he is a donkey and wants to push with AK after the flop, you are still in the lead, if he caught a ten and thinks he is good you still lead and if he flopped a monster, he would probably encourage action, not defending hard what is more or less unbeatable. on this levels against these players you never know where you're at, but i say on this level it is not the worst thing to go broke there if he has you beat... i would still make a note to this player either way (if he bet out a monster or overpair that strong or bluffed me with AK)... so adding curiosity (always a good advice ;-) ) i call in that spot

it is a strange play though (preflop villain doesn't want do drive more action --> 4-betting you) and on a rather safe flop for aces or kings (rainbow with a small pair) he comes out with the hammer

edit for the third time: i know this is probably not the best advice but i would also depend it on my bankroll and my style of play... if i like to take risks i call this knowing that i increase my variance... i win a lot each time he bluffs on a missed flop or "value bets" a pair of 10s and i lose more if he has the dreaded overpair to my jacks
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Hmm yeah i guess. I never think like that but now come to think of it he prob was protecting AK or ATs
      DAMN haha.

and i won't be playing much longer i just went all in with KK vs a donks JJ and he got four of a kind..... for f*ck sake!
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      just go through this... i took me a looong time to not be annoyed by bad beats or stupid plays that get rewarded, but now i am much more relaxed and it is a good thing... you will never know how often people call you with stupid stuff on early betting rounds and fold later, or on some sites you don't see hole cards exposed after a showdown... i would use that function if available to take a look at hands you got called with and take a note to that player if it was something crazy :-)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I'm not 3betting JJ preflop just to fold an overpair on the flop. His play looks more like a bluff anyway, and on this board most pockets can shove. Ship it!

Also, 3bet 3x or 3.5x his raise preflop
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeah i know haha but i was reading somthing on pokerstrategy at the time and im on mansion and it made that loud buzz which scared me and made me press raise instead of call haha!
      i know i made the mistake there.
      But i do see how i made a bad fold! =( but i can only get better!