Tighter than a nats... Well you know the saying.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Following the SSS, my play is like uber tight....

Using the starting hands chart here's how it stands....

I am already cringing at what you are all going to say :(

What am I doing wrong?

Ignore the NL2 I was setting up my HUD.

How can I follow the starting hands chart but still open up a bit?

I am just back from reading the Steals and re steals article so ignore my blind issues please.... I know now I should od read them before actually playing using SSS.... But hey ho.

No offense to anyone but, I would like more in depth than "raise more" or "open your range a bit". Any SSS masters out there willing to leave in depth help would be much appriciated.
  • 4 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Right, I just been and watched Leo's video on SSS in the basic articles.

And according to him, you should just be doing what I am doing, Sticking to the starting hands chart rigidly until you get to NL50.

So therefore, I only play bronze strategy until I get a BR of $400?

how many of you agree with this, because this was my train of thought when I first started the SSS as well....

Perhaps I am just not hitting many cards? And this is a downswing, I am getting outdrawn quite a bit as well tbh. I do my reviews and I stick hard and fast to the starting hands chart.

Perhaps I should make a video and show you all how I play...?

I dunno....
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Perhaps I should make a video and show you all how I play...?
      If you make a video make it a session review and show how and why you played a hand such a way because SSS is really boring and you dont get alot of hands.

Also maybe you should run the elephant and read the articles on Stealing/Restealing and such because when I added stats+stealing it really helped me BUT i warn you, you MUST pick only profitable spots to steal..they dont come around that often but help your overall profit
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      If you are playing basic SSS on NL10 your vpip and pfr should be exactly the same, about 6/6 to 8/8 depending on where you play and how your opponents play - on loose, aggressive tables your vpip and pfr will be at the lower end of that range but the two values should always be the same.

Stealing and restealing isnt a good idea on micro limits, the players are looser so it isnt really profitable - best thing to do is follow the starting hands chart EXACTLY until you reach NL20/25. Your stats dont look too bad - you are calling or completing sb at times which you should never do, always enter hands with a raise.

When you start playing NL25 you can add a few blindsteals/resteals, but only in certain spots, make sure you know what you are doing first. You can also start limping behind with speculative hands on NL25, as per the article on advanced preflop play. The higher the limit, the tighter your opponents will be, meaning you can steal more and more.

Hope this helps, good luck
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Originally posted by delete461
      If you are playing basic SSS on NL10 your vpip and pfr should be exactly the same, about 6/6 to 8/8 depending on where you play and how your opponents play - on loose, aggressive tables your vpip and pfr will be at the lower end of that range but the two values should always be the same.

Stealing and restealing isnt a good idea on micro limits, the players are looser so it isnt really profitable - best thing to do is follow the starting hands chart EXACTLY until you reach NL20/25. Your stats dont look too bad - you are calling or completing sb at times which you should never do, always enter hands with a raise.

When you start playing NL25 you can add a few blindsteals/resteals, but only in certain spots, make sure you know what you are doing first. You can also start limping behind with speculative hands on NL25, as per the article on advanced preflop play. The higher the limit, the tighter your opponents will be, meaning you can steal more and more.

Hope this helps, good luck
      Yeah helped a lot actually, thank you. I've just moved to NL25 and over the first (no laughing!) 1.5k hands I've noticed a severe difference in the amount of random donkey calls with less than good hole cards, and also noticed a lot more hands are dealt with preflop.

As for the steal and re steal.... I have the added the steals to my arsenal, but resteals, I guess I'm a bit sketchy about, I think it's more the fact that it's so much more money than what I am used to as I am new to the limit. My steals are still pretty tight though imo. J,Qs+ A,9s+ 22+. And I only really only resteal if I have a premium holding at the minute.

I guess if I get the chance to settle in here at this limit the confidence will grow with time... But at the minute I'm going to continue to read up on all the steals and resteals, but wait till I am about 5k into the limit before I put them into practice.

I also started limping with my PP's when there is a limper or two in front of me, and also my some of my suited connectors, though the connectors are a really low rate, at my new level I am 6.95/5.85. And what I am losing in the blinds is being made up from BU and Late positions.