[NL20-NL50] NL25 - (10 max) my third !!! in 2,5 yeards

• jotap27
      jotap27
      Bronze
      Could i have extracted more from this hand ? was it a bad check on the flop ?

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: , Q:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1,00, 3 folds, BU calls $1,00, Hero calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,25) 3:club: , K:club: , J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3,25) A:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, MP1 folds, BU calls $1,00.

River: ($5,25) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,00, BU calls $3,00.

Final Pot: $11,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a royal flush (Tc Qc)
      BU shows a flush, ace high (7c 7s)

Hero wins with a royal flush (Tc Qc)
  • 4 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      nicely played... i don't think you can get much more out of a reasonable player^^ ... i like the check on the flop mostly because you definitely see the turn (curiosity whether i hit the straight or even royal flush prevents me from betting here, and also disguises the hand)

very nice hand example!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I don't like your Call preflop, you are OOP and also the hand isn't that good. I would prefer to fold.
      Flop: I am betting here to extract more value from opponents and maybe protecting from Ace high flushdraw.

As played
      Turn: Make a normal bet, ~$2,50.
      River: OK.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      he can't fold a hand that later makes a royal flush ;-)

i think disguising my hand outweighs extracting value... of course you can argue that you inducing a bluff or call due to the "weak" flop play may not be enough compared to extractig value from anything that hit the flop... but slowplaying also has the effect that someone could catch two pair or trips on the turn and be tempted to call bigger bets... i would think i have a huge lead on the flop and this is the perfect moment for slowplaying
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d lead out that board, because when someone has there AK or AA or two pair/set or lower flush, then they would likely call or raise and you can get your money all-in on the flop.
      I´d bet turn 2$.