This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Icm

• VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      I just downloaded the ICM but saw a ICM light supposedly with lessons! Should i download the Light version as well or the "normal" version is good enough? What i mean is, are the lessons on the "normal" one too??

Thank You!!
  • 3 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      If you are a beginner to ICM, I would recommend going with ICM Light first in order to get a basis for understanding everything. After you've passed all of the lessons and you feel pretty confident, I would then get the regular ICM Trainer. With that, you can adjust the settings and practice on some of the specifics like: bubble play, early phase, heads up, etc.,
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi

I have been practicing a bit with ICM light, but have never read anything about the subject. It doesn't seem to explain a lot. In the early lessons I just answered what I thought was correct from how I have played in the past, and got most answers right. However, in the later lessons I am getting more wrong.

It only tells me I am wrong and tells me what hands are allowable in that situation, but doesn't give any explanation, outside of the very basic tips. In some cases I can't always see the reasoning behind what is being said.

Is there anywhere, apart from trawling through forum posts, that I can get some background on ICM? There is no point in me passing the tests just by remembering the answers, I need to fully understand the reason behind.

All the best,
      Bryan
    • gearoi
      gearoi
      Bronze
      Bump - I am having exactly the same problems as Bryan here

- when using ICM light I have no idea WHY the decisions are the way they are... I get to level 8 and I'm screwed... get 6/7 right each time I play it....

- I think advising noobies like me to simply practise with ICM light is asking for trouble - we need more guidance about WHY...

- I have found ICM trainer easier to use as you can focus on similar situations and work on less marginal hands so get a guide more slowly. You get more reassurance as you fold a load of rubbish

Maybe ICM light is configured too difficult / too steep a difficulty curve for noobies? Or maybe with only 10 paid-for SNGs under my belt I should be more patient?

Thoughts appreciated.

PS - the push/fold charts do not agree with ICM light at level 8, so they do not help perfectly... so I don't know what factors I'm not including in my analysis and am quite frustrated tbh...