Reevaluationg my game

• Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Allright lets jump straight to the point. I have finally decided to do something about my game. Instead of putting 90% my available time for poker into playing, i will study more from now on and reevaluate my sessions.

I think i have found my BIG BIG BIG leak when i analysed graphs in PT3.

Last months were pretty swingy for me. 1 winning, 1 losing month.... and today i went analyzing my game and came up with this graph.

This graph is for my best month this year. In march i beat NL SH with + 6.30 PT BB/100 hands

Take a look at Non showdown winnings: -2 PT BB/10

I almost fell off my chair. This means i must be doing something very wrong and not knowing it until now.

I think that the main reason for this might be that i was pretty weak tight i would say. After a preflop raise and when Cbet doesnt work, i often( most of time time) give up the hand, not second barreling, thus leaving lots of money on the table.

I would appreciate if some of you guys who know more about analysis then me, give me some guidelines and opinions about my stats and point me in the right direction.

I will post needed statistic, just tell me which stats are essential for this kind of analysis.
      Yeah i know.. vpip,pft, af, and those basic stats.... but probably ( i think) these are not sufficient and i dont want to exaggerate and post every possible statistic that i can export from PT.

Best Regards,
      E.
  • 9 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      This non-showdown winning line is ok if you take your showdown winnings, people get +EV without showdown on higher limits, where there are no fish and only regulars, who fold a lot. While your opponents pay you off you can't have the line into +.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Well my non-showdown line looks about the same. I don't think it is a leak per se, just the way it is for a TAG player I guess. As long as you're maintaining a good winrate then I don't think it matters all that much. Also, trying to improve the non-showdown line will come at the expense of your showdown line, as they are not independent from each other.

IMO, just focus on making the right play at the right time, given the situation and player(s) you're up against. Semi-bluff and 2nd barrel against players who have the ability to fold, and take the loose-passives all the way to value city.

That said, you might want to have a look at your play from the blinds because I discovered that I'm losing a lot of money there, which might be a contributing factor... openraise from SB more often, raise SB completers from the BB more often, lead out from the BB on paired boards, 2nd pair & better, and draws more often, and resteal (then cbet) more often. Of course, this is also villain-dependant.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Looks good for me. Don't worry about nsd that much as long as your green line looks good. You can't be a winner at NSD playing TAG against stations. Also every time you make a good laydown it adds to your NSD loss aswell. :) Though recently i started playing more aggressive against other tight players at micros and now my nsd line looks much more healthy. If you rarely c/r bluff, 3bet light, float, double barrel, try doing it more frequently against right players and it should increase your nsd winings.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Ensyfer,

concerning your non showdown losses, that completetly normal. Especially on the lower limits you will not be able to get those in the +. Everybody who is able to do so has to ask himself if his play is the most profitable. There is simply no sense in 3 barreling or bluffing a fish all too often. You graph looks good to me. YOu have 3 times at the showdown what you loose if you don't get there, that's fair enough.
      Concerning stats analysis: just post all you have ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Ensyfer
      This means i must be doing something very wrong and not knowing it until now.
      no.
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze

Comments are highly appreciated.

Didnt want to post all stats since they are too many. I posted just those which i think are the most important.

If anyone dares to go into details and needs some more stats for expressing opinion let me know.

Thank you all for all your comments which undoubtfully contribute to my poker knowledge.

E.
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      im not sure. i play the same level and i have the same problem/graph. i used to think it was my problem too. but not anymore since ur opponent is calling down u insanely light. there are moments when my river bluffs was such a good spot but somehow they managed to call it simply cuz they aren't willing to fold. i think u really just need to make up for this by valuebetting a lot thinner. btw i really don't think u should be complaining.. its a small sample size but u're crushing it for 7ptbb. what more do u need lol

hey i got pt3 too but i don't have all the c-bet f, c-bet t stats... would anyone mind telling me how to get these stats displayed? thx
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Its not really i am crushing. Upper stats are for last three months, which i played little better then breakeven. Perhaps i didnt stress it enough.

One month i played + 6PTBB and another - 5PTBB.

Perhaps i hit a downswing, but i dont really think so. I played just bad thats all.

Originally posted by Dickbreakr

hey i got pt3 too but i don't have all the c-bet f, c-bet t stats... would anyone mind telling me how to get these stats displayed? thx
      At the right side of PT window there are 2 buttons (In a general tab under player statistics). One for exporting and with the other you can configure this report. The later is the one you need to use to display those aditional stats.
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      my graph looks exactly the same as urs and i just went through the trouble to share my stats

we definitely play a different style.. i really don't abuse/autofire c-bets like most ppl do since ppl don't give u that much credit.. i vary it according to flop texture and ur opponent's range.

I think i just found a leak of my own. I understand why my river bet % is soo low. Its really due to my opponent calling down insanely light and i have developed a fear of bluffing the river. I think I really need to stepup and stop being scared of valuetowning myself.