This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

sng

• jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      Thanx 4 that sng guide for beginners must say it helped me alot.Dont know if it is strange but im deffenatly a better sng player than cash games player and have turned totaly to sng now. My tournament play is alot better now too.

I would like to ask if there might come a follow up article on the sng maybe one for intermediated and one for profesionals. Dont know if im missing it but r there any strategy articles on tourneys.

Thanxs for a great site and comunity and poker tracker and aces(Im afrikaans spelling might not be so good) :)
  • 10 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all, thx that you like what we offer.

I know from one of our top SNG players that he is planning an article about ICM.

Anyway i woudl recommend you to also continue to practice your cash game skills. So in your case i would recommend to start with the No-Limit Short Stack Strategy.

SNG's are a lot of fun but can be poison for every beginner. Of course you should do what you like the most.

If you want to get better at SNG's and tournament i have 2 recommendations for you.

1) Read the articles in our No-Limit intermediates section. They will improve your postflopgame in the early stages of a tournament or SNG.

2) Read these Books:
      a) Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play

and

b) Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 2: Endgame

I hope that as soon as you finished reading these 2 books our new book section will be online.
    • HoRRoR
      HoRRoR
      Black
      and of course, say that you want some SnG Coaching in english man !!! :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      What SNG stands for?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Sit and Go:

It is a single table tournament.
      It starts as soon as the necessary amount of people (most of the time 10 or 9) have taken a seat.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Can you tell me a bit more about them?
      What this levels means, what speed, who gets paid and how much, etc.?

thx
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      If you really want to know more about them ok np

Levels = blind levels = the blinds increase while you are playing a tournament

So if you want to play a SNG select register at the filter menu.

Register means you open the tournament table. and you can take a free seat if you want to.

The tournament start as soon as all seats are taken.

Limits are for example 10+1
      That means to take part at this tourney you have to pay $11 10 dollars for the price pool and 1 for party as rake.

The payout structure is
      1. 50%
      2. 30%
      3. 20%

So when you play a 10+1 SNG and you win you get $50 ...

But PLEASE every beginner should avoid SNG's !!!

Take a look at them in perhaps 3 or 6 months from now on

Kind regards,
      Stefan
    • HoRRoR
      HoRRoR
      Black
      first build up a bankroll, about 300$, before you even consider playing sngs

and if you test playing sngs, don't become influenced by the short term effects of winning two sngs in a row, that's shortterm luck
    • jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      Stefan took u'r advise and started with the cash games again, Began everything from the start again( studied everything again), and its looking good i am playing three tables and going better than the first time. I am playing limit though, still to scared of no limit cash games. :) hopefully i climb the cash games fast.
    • MrDownswing
      MrDownswing
      Basic
      i also started with SNGs and i lost almost the complete $50s but then switched to cash games and now everything is working fine and my bankroll is growing.
    • HoRRoR
      HoRRoR
      Black
      yeah start building your bankroll with cashgames and maybe in 1-2month test sngs, if you got enough bankroll

i guess there will be some sng coaching in 1 month or so, so you'll get a little help ;)