sng

• jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      Thanx 4 that sng guide for beginners must say it helped me alot.Dont know if it is strange but im deffenatly a better sng player than cash games player and have turned totaly to sng now. My tournament play is alot better now too.

I would like to ask if there might come a follow up article on the sng maybe one for intermediated and one for profesionals. Dont know if im missing it but r there any strategy articles on tourneys.

Thanxs for a great site and comunity and poker tracker and aces(Im afrikaans spelling might not be so good) :)
  • 10 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all, thx that you like what we offer.

I know from one of our top SNG players that he is planning an article about ICM.

Anyway i woudl recommend you to also continue to practice your cash game skills. So in your case i would recommend to start with the No-Limit Short Stack Strategy.

SNG's are a lot of fun but can be poison for every beginner. Of course you should do what you like the most.

If you want to get better at SNG's and tournament i have 2 recommendations for you.

1) Read the articles in our No-Limit intermediates section. They will improve your postflopgame in the early stages of a tournament or SNG.

2) Read these Books:
      a) Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play

and

b) Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 2: Endgame

I hope that as soon as you finished reading these 2 books our new book section will be online.
    • HoRRoR
      HoRRoR
      Black
      and of course, say that you want some SnG Coaching in english man !!! :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      What SNG stands for?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Sit and Go:

It is a single table tournament.
      It starts as soon as the necessary amount of people (most of the time 10 or 9) have taken a seat.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Can you tell me a bit more about them?
      What this levels means, what speed, who gets paid and how much, etc.?

thx
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      If you really want to know more about them ok np

Levels = blind levels = the blinds increase while you are playing a tournament

So if you want to play a SNG select register at the filter menu.

Register means you open the tournament table. and you can take a free seat if you want to.

The tournament start as soon as all seats are taken.

Limits are for example 10+1
      That means to take part at this tourney you have to pay $11 10 dollars for the price pool and 1 for party as rake.

The payout structure is
      1. 50%
      2. 30%
      3. 20%

So when you play a 10+1 SNG and you win you get $50 ...

But PLEASE every beginner should avoid SNG's !!!

Take a look at them in perhaps 3 or 6 months from now on

Kind regards,
      Stefan
    • HoRRoR
      HoRRoR
      Black
      first build up a bankroll, about 300$, before you even consider playing sngs

and if you test playing sngs, don't become influenced by the short term effects of winning two sngs in a row, that's shortterm luck
    • jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      Stefan took u'r advise and started with the cash games again, Began everything from the start again( studied everything again), and its looking good i am playing three tables and going better than the first time. I am playing limit though, still to scared of no limit cash games. :) hopefully i climb the cash games fast.
    • MrDownswing
      MrDownswing
      Basic
      i also started with SNGs and i lost almost the complete $50s but then switched to cash games and now everything is working fine and my bankroll is growing.
    • HoRRoR
      HoRRoR
      Black
      yeah start building your bankroll with cashgames and maybe in 1-2month test sngs, if you got enough bankroll

i guess there will be some sng coaching in 1 month or so, so you'll get a little help ;)