[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr 88

• 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Raise it up, don't limp.
      Flop: You have to bet it out because on next streets it will be hard to get maximum value from other hands. There is no point to slowplay here.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • AutystycznyAndrzej
      AutystycznyAndrzej
      Gold
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1,46
      BB:
      $3,70
      Hero:
      $3,10

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8:spade: , 8:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0,02, 4 folds, SB calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,06) 3:heart: , 8:heart: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,06, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows ful, ósemki na trójki (8s 8c)

Hero wins with ful, ósemki na trójki (8s 8c)

So I played it correctly. ;)
      Thanks
    • Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      May I ask, SHC shows just to call low pairs on Middle Position. Is it better to raise here? Because i have been playing low pairs (99-22) the same way like hero did here. Also, what would we do, if someone on early position limps?

Thanks.

P.S I mean preflop ;]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Firehoper
      May I ask, SHC shows just to call low pairs on Middle Position. Is it better to raise here? Because i have been playing low pairs (99-22) the same way like hero did here. Also, what would we do, if someone on early position limps?

Thanks.

P.S I mean preflop ;]
      Point is this, by limping:
      1) It will be very easy to recognize with what you are limping.
      2) The opponent makes more profit with it.

Calculation:
      You hit: 1 of 8,5 times.
      No hit: 7,5 of 8,5 times.
      Opponent raises after your limp, lets say 5xBB (your limp+4xBB normal raise). On flop you mostly Check/Fold your lower PP after called his raise.
      Opponent loses (-5-8=-$13, $5 is the raise and $8 is the CBet what he needs to make on flop after you Check/Fold). Also you don't hit (you make $5 because from his raise).
      Why the opponent makes more profit with your limping?
      You hit: 1 time of 8,5, opponent loses -$13 (raise+cbet on flop), that means =1*(-13)=-$13. He loses $13 if you hit and CBet on flop.
      If you don't hit: 7,5 time of 8,5, opponent wins $5, =7,5*5=$37,5.
      Now we sum those two =-13+37,5=$24,5. In session our opponent makes =24,5/8,5=$2,88 profit.

Hope you got the point, I am not really sure if I explained myself clearly. If you have any questions, you can ask.

If someone limps before you it's okey to limp after them but usually I'd still prefer to Raise, depending on the opponent. If you know that the opponent usually wont give up the flop then it's better to limp behind.