Choosing Site...

• bahamanro
      bahamanro
      Bronze
      At the moment I play at Mansion 20NL 6max. I am considering moving to another site and I need some adivce. What would you chose between:

-FullTilt (27% rakeback)
      + big traffic, rakeback / - tougher players
      -PokerStars
      + big traffic / - no rakeback
      -Cake (33% rakeback)
      + weaker players, rakeback / - don't allow PT,HEM; small traffic
      -stay on Mansion
      + good traffic / - no rakeback

Witch one do you think is more suited for a microstakes player? Thank you!
  • 12 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      For micro limits i would rather go to Pokerstars or Full Tilt. And were did u find the competetion was harder? Its likely at peak times its the same as stars. I suppose on NL25 the rakeback will be nice on FTP.

But whatever you do i wouldnt stay on ipoker :D
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi kingdippy2008,

The players on fulltilt aren't that tough.
      Especially on NL25 every site is fishy ^^ Even on NL50 you can make some easy money so FTP is a good choice imo.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • bahamanro
      bahamanro
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies. I think I am going to chose between FTP and PS. If anyone has any other opinions please reply. Thank you!
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      PS!

Low Rake at micros > Rakeback

Tableninja will allow you to play 9 tables easy and the traffic and software is da best.

Add the sexy MTT's you can play for fun, withdrawal in 3days and you can't go anywehere else than PS.

The only fallback is absence of deposit bonus (only $50).
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Chiller i didnt say say that it was harder, i dont know the diff :P

Lol ya Lemon is right as well, there are loads or "sexy" MTT's at stars :P
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      why does everyone seem to have preference against ipoker clients
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ladman
      why does everyone seem to have preference against ipoker clients
      Because software is the worst, the traffic is ok, minimal even and most the NL tables are full of nits :P
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      sorry another noob question coming, what is a nit? And does that make me a fool for getting my starting capital at Titan? (I already had accounts at all others)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello ladman,

A nit is a tight-passive player, rock or weak-tight, who avoids large pots and often assumes a worst case scenario when making a decision.

If there are any other terms that you are not too sure about, feel free to use the glossary where you should be able to find explanations of most poker terms.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      No if you had no choice then you had no choice. After you clear it you can always withdraw it and the deposit it on another site.

A nit is a very tight player who doesnt play most of hands. Only plays an very, very low percentage.

-Jack

<Edit: The new mod got there first ;) Congrats Steve>
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Please take into consideration IPN/Boss network! Rackback is a nice 30% and has a lot of bad players! I was profitable in 25NL back in the days just by playing ABC poker (or not even that cause i played/play real bad)! Busted my BR by beeing careless (and extreamly bad BRM i now realize :D :P )
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      i understand what bankroll is and have read the glossary but how exactly do you get it back