Hey

• ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Love the site and am currently using my starting capital on Titan playing most 20 + 4 cent S n G's and some 50 +10.

My problem is that I feel Im not playing too awfully and yet I am not winning. I placed in 4 of my 19 tournaments thus far and feel as though the opposition is just so bad they are bringing me down. (Can this be the case or am I overrating myself) I use to play at Mansion and would regularly win Dirty Dozens. I mean 2/3 win rate for a little while.

Since then I've never recovered from this slide. However I have been doing marvellous in MTT, which I know aren't profitable especially as all mine have been freerolls. I am the Mansion PS weekly final, and the PokerStars round 2. I am also going to be participating in the $1000 dollar MTT after qualifying in an AP qualifier. But they are just too time consuming. I mean 4 hours!! Is it time to move to cash NL, something I am very inexperienced at. I'm just a bit lost. I feel I am or was a good player and know it is in me. Also I have been using the 3 phase model as promoted on here. And I feel it is making me a tad too tight, it's bringing me into the final phase a lot quicker and forcing me to go All-in a lot more.

I'll keep trudging through though and I hope to chat to many of you as I am here to stay. See you on the tables. Btw this would make quite a good blog starter I might start one up. Do any of you, blog? Is it worth it, would people read a noob like me.
  • 3 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      people here read everything :-) some are also noobs and want to see what problems you have and see whether they can learn from it and more experienced players are going to help you... of course there are also experienced ones that think OMG ... blabla.... but they should not answer to your post then :-)

so if you want to blog, just do it... if nobody is reading you can still stop writing then^^

i don't know how long you played and how good you are but of course i don't advise anyone to ignore BRM... although i did it, i knew the risks were huge... i played NL25 with just about 2 stacks but i got lucky and now i have a little more space to breath... and a major downswing could still kick me and i go broke
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      i wont ignore BRM, just annoyin when you play a hand perfectly and still have 3 callers and suddenly you only have %45. And then you lose to his 96 which hits. does this happen at higher levels
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      of course it happens... but you play more and more pots heads up or three handed (right away before the flop)

so i think you 'lose' general equity when you are a 65% favourite in a HU pot as if you are a 45% in a 5-handed pot and have the worst calls against you^^

but you win more pots and just from that point i think it is easier